A place of worship in Eign St

K.Butt

Whist I have no real problem with the building being converted to a Church with a funeral room  ( if Planning Permission is Granted ) it would be interested to know which religion or otherwise will be using the " Church " Knowing that might bring in some objections or support. Plus of course the Funeral Room . To my limited knowledge most funerals are carried out on a premises which has multi use , ie Weddings , Christenings ( not always in that order ) Funerals etc etc.

Going on from the above I should add that any improvement to this part of Eign St is positive, looks such a rundown mess at the moment , Feel for the business owners along this stretch trying to make a living .

Looking at the open ‘ablution areas’ - these are used by Muslims before prayer, so I surmise this will become a mosque, albeit a small one. They indicate that prayer will start at 6am and finish at 11pm - not sure what nearby residents will think of this. A shockingly mediocre scheme that pays no heed to Building Regulation fire and other requirements.

4 hours ago, Aylestone Voice said:

There may be good reasons why planning permission should or should not be granted but does it matter what religion those attending practise?

Not to me anyway

If you are referring to my previous post, I merely pointed out that this looks like it could become a mosque, personally, I am not sure Hereford is ready for a mosque, especially in this location, just my opinion. There were plenty of people complaining about the Freedom Church so I do not see what the difference is here. This location is totally wrong in my view.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...