Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hereford Voice

Concerns for Hereford Motorcycle Legend Bob Gallier

Recommended Posts

UPDATE: Thank you to everyone, good news to report is that Bob Gallier has been found dafe and well.

There are concerns for the safety and whereabouts of Hereford motorcycle legend and businessman Bob Gallier. 
5aa3148991a2f_BobGallier.thumb.png.3b7822bbebad46de8c41a7e6accc5c7f.png

Tonight there are growing concerns for Mr Gallier, at 19:00 Bob Gallier walked out of Hereford hospital with no phone, possibly no wallet. He is in a distressed mental state.

If anyone knows of his whereabouts or has seen him this evening please contact Hereford Police.

Bob Gallier speaking last week said he is “cut to pieces” following a court order recently that his business has to close.

Mr Gallier has been forced to sell his property in Berrington Street as well as the vast stock of bikes and accessories as part of a divorce settlement.

Mr Gallier said the decision has caused him great distress. Last weekend he was treated in Hereford County Hospital’s trauma unit, and Mr Gallier admitted he had been on “suicide watch”.

He opened his motorbike shop in Bastion Mews in 1968 before moving to East Street and finally to the current location in Berrington Street in 1976.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is a Hereford legend as your have already stated, he is clearly in a difficult place right now, lets hope that they find him safe and well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Herefordshire would not post this info because his disappearance although reported was not on the police website/Facebook page so to them he was not 'officially missing'.
 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ragwert said:

Your Herefordshire would not post this info because his disappearance although reported was not on the police website/Facebook page so to them he was not 'officially missing'.
 

We are friends with the guys over at YH and we understand their reasons.

We were approached directly and a request was made to us to make an appeal via our portal, which we did. The good news that everyone was hoping for has been realised because Bob Gallier has now been found safe and well, which was the only immediate concern here.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor chap  I hope he is given the help and privacy now  There is far too much that should not be published put in the press nowadays.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Poor chap  I hope he is given the help and privacy now  There is far too much that should not be published put in the press nowadays.    

Inc the Hereford Times story recently which was his doing . I have known Bob for years but he should not have done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, atm63 said:

Inc the Hereford Times story recently which was his doing . I have known Bob for years but he should not have done it.

You are correct, Bob does like the publicity and I understand that his friends or family approached Colin to put up an appeal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my first proper bike from Bob back in 1980, a Kawasaki Z650. In the following years and many road and road racing bikes later I would still return to his shop for parts as it was a treasure trove and I always found just what I was looking for. Bob and the shop are Hereford icons and it would be a great shame to see them gone, best of luck to him from down under. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tim Errington said:

I bought my first proper bike from Bob back in 1980, a Kawasaki Z650. In the following years and many road and road racing bikes later I would still return to his shop for parts as it was a treasure trove and I always found just what I was looking for. Bob and the shop are Hereford icons and it would be a great shame to see them gone, best of luck to him from down under. 

Welcome to Hereford Voice Tim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×