Police presence Belmont/Hunderton riverside

DILLIGAF

A large police presence has been gathering this evening along the riverbanks. The river is being searched and the helicopter has provided assistance.  This could be in relation to the search for the two missing people. 

A body has been recovered from the river. It is believed to be that of Ashley George who went missing on Thursday.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DILLIGAF said:

A large police presence has been gathering this evening along the riverbanks. The river is being searched and the helicopter has provided assistance.  This could be in relation to the search for the two missing people. 

A body has been recovered from the river. 

Shockingly the police pulled the body out of the river in full view of the people walking along the footpath who had gathered to see what was going on

including two of my grandchildren who were walking home with their parents.

I understand your concern but how could they hide it? Such challenging conditions. If they put a tarp up someone else would end up in the river trying to get a sneaky peak! If you have an idea of what is happening and don’t like it then turn in the other direction or educate the youngsters to what may be happening. Mini me has witnessed many unsavoury encounters but I educate her within reason. Besides it’s not best viewing for anyone- we are all nosey it’s in our nature. 

Anyway I digress.... thoughts are with Ash’s family at this time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DILLIGAF said:

I understand your concern but how could they hide it? Such challenging conditions. If they put a tarp up someone else would end up in the river trying to get a sneaky peak! If you have an idea of what is happening and don’t like it then turn in the other direction or educate the youngsters to what may be happening. Mini me has witnessed many unsavoury encounters but I educate her within reason. Besides it’s not best viewing for anyone- we are all nosey it’s in our nature. 

Anyway I digress.... thoughts are with Ash’s family at this time. 

I agree maybe people should be ushered away but it is always difficult for the police who often work in the most challenging of conditions, particularly with the recent adverse weather we have experienced. 

Such sad news again in Hereford.

West Mercia Police Statement:

A body has been found in Hereford this evening (Sunday 4 March).
Formal identification is yet to take place but the body is believed to be that of 39-year-old Ashley George from Hereford, who was reported missing on Thursday 1 March. 

His next of kin has been informed.

The death is not being treated as suspicious at this time.

We would like to thank the media and the public for their help in sharing an earlier appeal.