Hereford City Link Road Opens Monday 11th December

Colin James

First can we all be painent please. When you move into a new house is everything perfect straight away? It is not a road to no where , it is a road to the future. At nearly 70 I regret I am unlikely to see it full fill its true protential. It had opened up an area I suggest most of you have never seen before. It allows the new Police/ fire station to be built and access to the new doctors medical hub. New homes can be built for the people who so badly need them now and for those who will be coming into the county to new jobs at the university and at Rotherwas, that will help to build the economy of the county.

It has taken nearly twenty years to design and build and advise given from road experts from outside the county who develop roads like this nation wide. Please give it a chance to settle in, it may have taken some of you by surprise and taken longer to get to your destination, but are you sure it was the new road that held you up and not the Christmas shoppers wanting to come into town to spend their money?

OLM is the bottle neck here.Until British land & Herefordshire Council sort out the stupidity having traffic lights here & a parking system that quite simply does not work,this problem will only get bigger once the university and houses etc etc are built.

Having a small sign just as you turn into the OLM saying car park full is pathetic.Why not have these signs in Edgar Street & bottom of Blackfriars Street so people know it's full.Oh and a right turn into Merton car park for people coming into City along Widemarsh Street

First can we all be painent please. When you move into a new house is everything perfect straight away? It is not a road to no where , it is a road to the future. At nearly 70 I regret I am unlikely to see it full fill its true protential. It had opened up an area I suggest most of you have never seen before. It allows the new Police/ fire station to be built and access to the new doctors medical hub. New homes can be built for the people who so badly need them now and for those who will be coming into the county to new jobs at the university and at Rotherwas, that will help to build the economy of the county.

It has taken nearly twenty years to design and build and advise given from road experts from outside the county who develop roads like this nation wide. Please give it a chance to settle in, it may have taken some of you by surprise and taken longer to get to your destination, but are you sure it was the new road that held you up and not the Christmas shoppers wanting to come into town to spend their money?

Christmas shoppers being held up by bad timing of traffic lights, junction not fit for purpose Edgar Street end and new paving outside Morrisons was flooded after a small amount of over night rain , again all this in under a week. I dare say there is more I have missed . Who is this actually helping ?? Other than the obvious ????

Having driven down that new road, it’s very narrow! If I was to ride my bike down there on the road I’ll be in the middle, I wouldn’t trust other motorists to give me room to breathe!! But I’m confused as to whether the path is dual purpose or not? It seems wide enough for multiple occupancy.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed how the traffic is in turmoil at the lights by KFC heading towards Aylestone Hill , when the road opened it was arrowed in a way that the l/h lane led traffic left to Morrisons or the new road . People were in a pickle due to signage confusing , now it has changed and it seems to be a free for all , it doesn't make sense . I did speak about it before but since it has changed it just doesn't make sense ?? 

Has anyone else noticed how the traffic is in turmoil at the lights by KFC heading towards Aylestone Hill , when the road opened it was arrowed in a way that the l/h lane led traffic left to Morrisons or the new road . People were in a pickle due to signage confusing , now it has changed and it seems to be a free for all , it doesn't make sense . I did speak about it before but since it has changed it just doesn't make sense ?? 

Yes but I also think some people do not know how to drive, both lanes filter into one and you give way to the vehicle in front regardless of which lane.