Investigation launched following sexual assault in Hereford

Colin James

Investigation launched following sexual assault in Hereford

Officers in Hereford have launched an investigation after a female was sexually assaulted by an unknown man in the Moor Farm area at around 8pm on Friday (13 October).

The victim was walking along the footpath on Hurdman Walk when she was attacked by a man described as being of stocky build, aged in his late 20s to early 30s and wearing a dark hoody and dark trousers.

Detective Inspector Mark Walters said: "We understand that this is an extremely concerning incident for the local community. I would like to reassure people that we will be conducting a thorough investigation.

"There will be officers in the area today carrying out enquiries and reassurance patrols. If anyone saw someone acting suspiciously in the area on Friday evening or has any more information that could help with our enquiries I would urge them to speak to one of the officers or call us on 101.

"The enquiry is in its very early stages and the victim is being supported by specially trained officers."

Anyone with information should call 101 and quote incident 835s of 14 October 2017. Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org

I understand from the HT that a man has been arrested .......... I do feel that the Police have given out to much information relating to this serious incident, relating to both the apparent offender and the apparent victim . ( I will not elaborate further on my thoughts .)

Hereford man arrested on suspicion of rape

Officers investigating a reported rape of a female in Hereford have arrested a 25-year-old man.

The incident is initially reported to have occurred on Hurdman Walk at 8pm on Friday (13 October) night. Following police investigations it is now believed the reported incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday (14 October) morning at a property in Moor Farm, Hereford.

The man from Hereford has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Anyone with information should call 101 and quote incident 835s of 14 October 2017. Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111