New Hereford Link Road Video

Colin James

The boundary to Jewsons on the left hand side of the video is not very pretty for pedestrians, but could come in useful for graffiti artists.

The University building is set well back much more pleasant. Where's the lamp posts. No lorries or parked cars on the footpath. Have a look at Goodrich Grove where Keepmoat also had a visualisation with no cars in the street. The reality is that residents have cars, maybe two or three and they don't like to walk from their car to their house - they like to park right outside. So this will mean double yellow lines and signage every where to brighten up the street scene.

I like the motorist in the ahead lane turning right at 48secs and again at 1min 55secs. I assume the bin men will access all properties from the rear or will they have to put their bins on the footpath at the front of their property?

The boundary to Jewsons on the left hand side of the video is not very pretty for pedestrians, but could come in useful for graffiti artists.

The University building is set well back much more pleasant. Where's the lamp posts. No lorries or parked cars on the footpath. Have a look at Goodrich Grove where Keepmoat also had a visualisation with no cars in the street. The reality is that residents have cars, maybe two or three and they don't like to walk from their car to their house - they like to park right outside. So this will mean double yellow lines and signage every where to brighten up the street scene.

I like the motorist in the ahead lane turning right at 48secs and again at 1min 55secs. I assume the bin men will access all properties from the rear or will they have to put their bins on the footpath at the front of their property?

That 'fence' around Jewson is not what it looks like.They have built a wall that has replicated what is around the post office building and looks pretty smart.

Whilst I am no speed cyclist I see those who use bikes are not in the video. I went to the consultation in The Courtyard last week and I was told that cyclists and pedestrians will be sharing pavement space in Hereford. There is no safe cycle path separate from pedestrian footpaths. Seeing as most of those front doors open straight onto the street I can see real problems here for pedestrians and cyclists. Most other cities now are building protected cycle lanes when they build any new road infrastructure so that cyclists that travel at 10-15mph to get around small cities like Hereford, do not cause any injury to pedestrians. In Hereford they don't. I can already hear people complaining about cyclists on the pavements, and that it because we are being put there by bad town planning e.g. Whitecross Road or Holme Lacy road. I dont like doing this to pedestrians so I end up cycling on the road so as not to stop and start at every side road and to avoid pedestrians. Perhaps I am just old fashioned.

Whilst I am no speed cyclist I see those who use bikes are not in the video. I went to the consultation in The Courtyard last week and I was told that cyclists and pedestrians will be sharing pavement space in Hereford. There is no safe cycle path separate from pedestrian footpaths. Seeing as most of those front doors open straight onto the street I can see real problems here for pedestrians and cyclists. Most other cities now are building protected cycle lanes when they build any new road infrastructure so that cyclists that travel at 10-15mph to get around small cities like Hereford, do not cause any injury to pedestrians. In Hereford they don't. I can already hear people complaining about cyclists on the pavements, and that it because we are being put there by bad town planning e.g. Whitecross Road or Holme Lacy road. I dont like doing this to pedestrians so I end up cycling on the road so as not to stop and start at every side road and to avoid pedestrians. Perhaps I am just old fashione

Have you seen the width of the paths on the new Link road?

They look pretty wide to me.As it says on the video this is a vision

A vision that will never turn into a reality . It is Hereford at the end of the day . Whoever has wasted their energy on even letting this "vision" get off the drawing board should be sacked . It ain't happening ... 

A vision that will never turn into a reality . It is Hereford at the end of the day . Whoever has wasted their energy on even letting this "vision" get off the drawing board should be sacked . It ain't happening ... 

I'll come back to your post in a few years time  :Grin:

If the video is correct it will be nice, just wish they would reduce the amount of traffic lights in this city and sort out a decent bypass.

I ain't too arsed about a by-pass,the huge volume of pointless unnecessary traffic lights are the problem.

• 4 months later...