Work Begins on New Asda Garage

Colin James

More money in fuel than houses - let down once again by councillors. We were sold the original Asda master plan with the help of a flagship entrance to the City - high quality housing - as part of the overall plan - but as with all long term master plans, this council are incapable of (and not interested in) sticking to them - ESG for instance - so the money men skim the cream off the top and depart and we lose.

More money in fuel than houses - let down once again by councillors. We were sold the original Asda master plan with the help of a flagship entrance to the City - high quality housing - as part of the overall plan - but as with all long term master plans, this council are incapable of (and not interested in) sticking to them - ESG for instance - so the money men skim the cream off the top and depart and we lose.

TWG, I am not having a pop at you but the council cannot seem to win, when applications for houses are submitted people moan. When a garage on a site that was going to have a block of flats built on it people still moan. 

I have no real issue with this garage being built, especially if it in a 24 hour operation like the store. I work shifts and often buy my fuel on my way to or from work during the early hours when it is less busy, now that Tesco close at 10 this will be the nest best option for me.  :Thumbs-Up:

There is a kiosk with a sales floor and cash tills in the approved scheme - similar size to the Ledbury Road Tesco one.

Just for the record, here's how the planning committee voting went on this one;

A named vote was requested.

For (9): Councillors BA Baker, CR Butler, PGH Cutter, KS Guthrie, J Hardwick, JLV Kenyon, RI Mathews, WC Skelton, and EJ Swinglehurst.

Against (6): Councillors DW Greenow, EL Holton, FM Norman, AJW Powers, A Seldon, and LC Tawn.

Abstain (1): Councillor TM James

Ward Cllr Chappell spoke strongly against the application, favouring the original residential use.

There is a kiosk with a sales floor and cash tills in the approved scheme - similar size to the Ledbury Road Tesco one.

Just for the record, here's how the planning committee voting went on this one;

A named vote was requested.

For (9): Councillors BA Baker, CR Butler, PGH Cutter, KS Guthrie, J Hardwick, JLV Kenyon, RI Mathews, WC Skelton, and EJ Swinglehurst.

Against (6): Councillors DW Greenow, EL Holton, FM Norman, AJW Powers, A Seldon, and LC Tawn.

Abstain (1): Councillor TM James

Ward Cllr Chappell spoke strongly against the application, favouring the original residential use.

Do you have a link to updated plans because I cannot find them

I have no real issue with this garage being built, especially if it in a 24 hour operation like the store. I work shifts and often buy my fuel on my way to or from work during the early hours when it is less busy, now that Tesco close at 10 this will be the nest best option for me.  :Thumbs-Up:

The garage will be a 24 hour operation according to the report.

While it will make no difference to me what so ever as I do not live that side of the river and do not drive, I think a PFS is better than yet more houses, we are having more than enough houses built in Hereford, if there is such a shortage of housing, why is the Hereford Time full every week of houses for Sale?

The city can not cope with new houses, roads are chockablock, the hospital can not cope and jobs are pretty slim.

While it will make no difference to me what so ever as I do not live that side of the river and do not drive, I think a PFS is better than yet more houses, we are having more than enough houses built in Hereford, if there is such a shortage of housing, why is the Hereford Time full every week of houses for Sale?

The city can not cope with new houses, roads are chockablock, the hospital can not cope and jobs are pretty slim.

You are kidding when you said this Adrian....

if there is such a shortage of housing, why is the Hereford Time full every week of houses for Sale?

You are kidding when you said this Adrian....

if there is such a shortage of housing, why is the Hereford Time full every week of houses for Sale?

lol

Hereford is in desperate need of additional housing both in the social housing and private sector. What they do need to get in order in the infrastructure for these new houses first! 

The garage is well underway groundworks and moving at a good pace I see this morning on my travels. 

• 1 month later...