New Hereford Skate Park Vandalised

Colin James

The turf has been laid over the past few days surrounding the new skate park and vandals have uplifted it and placed it all over the park, I have no words...

Here is a quote from a local person who took this photo.

So on Monday afternoon I was taking nevaeh to nursery and as usual I have to walk past the brand new £100,0000 skate park and someone men from the Herefordshire housing had parked their van on the skate park as they were laying down rolls of turf on the built up banks (I had a funny feeling this grass that they were laying down was going to get vandalised! After the men had gone kids were standing all on it and sliding down it!) And I was right! This morning taking nevaeh to nursery the kids from Hereford Academy school had ripped up large chunks of the grass and put it all over the skate park! This was obviously done sometime yesterday. I took a bunch of photos and after dropping of nevaeh at nursery I went to the academy school and spoke to one a couple of the admin staff on duty and told them I was the lady that complained about the litter the other wk and I showed them the photos of what the kids had done to the grass! I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS!!! as turf is very expensive and it has obviously been bought and paid for by the tax payers just for some vile, disrespectful kids! Who have no morals or comman decency! And who have been brought up by parents who couldn't give a ****! HERE ARE THE PHOTOS TO PROVE IT! I have forwarded on these photos to one of the admin staff from the school as well

skatepark1.jpg

I am pleased that it was quickly repaired.

So much for Acadamy education !

That's sad when we know that the Skate Park in Holmer Rd has been going well for so long and bringing so much fun

( and exercise ) for the youngsters of this City .

Just hope that the kids in Newton Farm realise the benefits and fun and enjoyment this type of Skate Park can bring .

So much for Acadamy education !

That's sad when we know that the Skate Park in Holmer Rd has been going well for so long and bringing so much fun

( and exercise ) for the youngsters of this City .

Just hope that the kids in Newton Farm realise the benefits and fun and enjoyment this type of Skate Park can bring .

Like it or not but there has always been a difference between North and South,(not everyone, just a small number that spoil it for the rest) and before anyone jumps down my throat , yes I have lived both sides of the river, seen it from both sides. 

Everybody on this topic say's that this would happen. So much money is poured into "South Hereford" with these responses by feral youths. Stop giving them facilities and make them earn them. Signed: - peed off Northern resident who get Knack all!!

I see the difference between the north / south divide has reared its head again! it has been proved by the police many times the vandalism has not been done by the teenagers in Newton Farm.You ask why do we give them things its because the people of South Wye care about the people here! can the north say that?. I was born and bred in South Wye and lived here all my life, and wouldn't live anywhere else!

The North / South divide eh?  Brilliant.

The outdoor gym in the field near Moor Farm was but a couple of weeks old before local youths had ripped the sign off its mount and thrown it in Yazor Brook, and bent some of the equipment.

The equipment that is there is covered in graffiti, some of it quite fruity.

Now, are those that blame the southside kids for everything, going to blame them for the above too?

Because it was kids that live in Moor Farm that are to blame for that one.

The problem is not the area they live in, it is their lack of common decency.

Have a word with the parents...

The North / South divide eh?  Brilliant.

The outdoor gym in the field near Moor Farm was but a couple of weeks old before local youths had ripped the sign off its mount and thrown it in Yazor Brook, and bent some of the equipment.

The equipment that is there is covered in graffiti, some of it quite fruity.

Now, are those that blame the southside kids for everything, going to blame them for the above too?

Because it was kids that live in Moor Farm that are to blame for that one.

The problem is not the area they live in, it is their lack of common decency.

Have a word with the parents...

Clarkson .......couldn't agree more , the only North South divide is the river ...the problem is parents and the way that children see what they think is the correct way to live etc.

( I had lived both north and south of the river )

I see the difference between the north / south divide has reared its head again! it has been proved by the police many times the vandalism has not been done by the teenagers in Newton Farm.You ask why do we give them things its because the people of South Wye care about the people here! can the north say that?. I was born and bred in South Wye and lived here all my life, and wouldn't live anywhere else!

Glenda, I can't help noticing the same city-xenophobia from yourself as from others that run-down the south side.

I think it is a bit of a rash claim to make to say that people North of the river care less about each other than people that live in the South. 

And can you honestly say that the youths of Newton Farm have never been responsible for any wrong-doing?

Being a Southsider - and proud, I'm without prejudice. When I was a young delinquent!!!!! Me and my buddies only ever caused mischief and annoyance, to amuse our evenings; never mindless vandalism. If we did go beyond a joke and past the boundaries (how our parents always found out still baffles me today - how could they possibly known?!) then we'd get a clout from the parents and a visit from the local Bobby whom ALL Parents knew, we all respected that authority. Then there was the threat of being grounded and no pocket money. This was often true in my case! There is no respect being handed down from many parents today to their children. So they know no better. Which is where the problem lies.

There will always be the North/South divide. It's part of our HEREtige!! I still give my northside colleagues stick! But please everybody remember

THE GRASS MAY BE GREENER BUT YOU GET THE SAME S@*T IN EVERY FIELD.

SOUTHSIDE RULE

I was waiting for something like this to happen. Didn't have to wait long.

I concur .... Totally predictable ....

I see the difference between the north / south divide has reared its head again! 

You seem to be on a different planet Glenda. I agreed with you (an expert on Southside matters as you live there) about likely damage and you go off on a tangent about North/South ..... You can't have your cake and eat it to but you seem to want to! 

It is a great shame that these few individuals choose to ruin it for others, they are scum, literally the dregs of humanity.  The unfortunate thing is there is not a sufficient penalty, no real consequence for their actions.  A few examples need to be made to deter others.

It saddens me to see this as Hereford desperately needs to offer it's younger element some positive activities to engage in, and it has worked well on Holmer Road but alas not so well South Side, maybe further investment is required in CCTV and policing initially to give it a chance.

It is a great shame that these few individuals choose to ruin it for others, they are scum, literally the dregs of humanity.  The unfortunate thing is there is not a sufficient penalty, no real consequence for their actions.  A few examples need to be made to deter others.

It saddens me to see this as Hereford desperately needs to offer it's younger element some positive activities to engage in, and it has worked well on Holmer Road but alas not so well South Side, maybe further investment is required in CCTV and policing initially to give it a chance.

Hi vmaxblues and welcome to Hereford Voice! 

I completely agree with your comments, money had been invested in the local community on good projects like this one only to be ruined by a few idiots. CCTV is a must in this area and would also cover part of the GWW which people are still reluctant to use after the hours of darkness.

I concur .... Totally predictable ....

You seem to be on a different planet Glenda. I agreed with you (an expert on Southside matters as you live there) about likely damage and you go off on a tangent about North/South ..... You can't have your cake and eat it to but you seem to want to! 

Agreed. Please see my original post at the beginning of the thread, as I said I have seen it from both ends .  

• 1 month later...

At 6.15pm tonight the fire brigade attended a fire at the skate park, a teenage girl set light to a airisole canister which exploded she threw it on the grass causing a fire of the dry grass. The girl was not hurt.

Thank heavens you put a few i's in your spelling mistake Glenda  :Grin:

Ragwert, haven't you got anything better to do that pick up on a spelling mistake.I had spent  three and half hours at the planning meeting earlier in the afternoon. I have seen you make spelling mistakes yourself  many times, have I picked you up on it NO! I have something better to do with my time.

Glenda I see you were out this afternoon trying to get the masses motivated for the Referendum. Should be a good night tonight with Farage and Cameron going at it head to head, and I shall still be voting OUT. Remember if we can't run our own country and make our own laws there will be no point in calling yourself British.

ITV Tuesday 7th June - 9pm to 10pm
David Cameron wants Britain to remain in the European Union, while Nigel Farage has been campaigning for Britain to leave the EU for more than 20 years. Julie Etchingham presents as they answer questions from a studio audience of up to 200 people, live from a London location.

Megilleland., I got a very good response from the people in the 4 hours I was canvassing, some wanted to know if they could get one of the Leave teeshirts and I gave away 3 leave posters the people came to my home to collect them. Everyone I have spoken to whilst delivering the leaflets over past two weeks on Newton Farm have all been supporting the Out campaign. I will be watching the Cameron /Farage tonight, going to be a very good debate pity Cameron didn't have the guts to share the platform with Farage though.