Robbery On The Great Western Way Hereford.

Colin James

Police are appealing for witnesses following a robbery in Hereford

We are trying to locate two potential witnesses who were in the area prior to a serious robbery in Hereford.
The incident took place between 6.45pm and 7pm on Monday, 7 December 2015, when the victim had been walking down the Great Western Way in Hunderton.

The 24 year-old man passed a group of four boys and one girl all believed to be 17 years of age. A member of the group has asked the victim for a cigarette but he declined and continued to walk along "The Lines" away from Sainsbury's. He has then been attacked from behind and has had his phone and other personal belongings stolen.
He received minor head and facial injuries and was treated at Hereford Hospital.

Police are appealing for two potential witnesses who both passed the group prior to the incident taking place. One is described as being a runner wearing a high visibility jacket and the other is thought to be a member of the public wearing a rucksack.

A 16 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and has been bailed to return to the police station on 8 January 2016.
A 17 year-old boy has also been arrested on suspicion of robbery and has been bailed to return to the police station on 28 January 2016.

Anyone with any information, or if you are the people who passed the group, then please call West Mercia Police on 101 quoting incident number 621s of 7 December 2015, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

CCTV?

4 boys and a girl in their teens? Showing off? Whatever - they are scum and should be punished. But we all know they will not be, as the law (magistrates) are too soft and the CPS only worry about their personal targets. BTW, because there is a new recruitment session next year, I have applied for a place as a Magistrate as I am due to take early retirement and need to fill two criteria. Stop getting bored and put a few "miscreants" away. Oh, and a third, get my golf handicap down. 

I have applied for a place as a Magistrate as I am due to take early retirement and need to fill two criteria.

When I lived in Ludlow (over 20 years ago) my next door neighbour was a Magistrate. His day job was being a postman. I just think the punishment they can hand out is a bit constrained within guidelines. I'm glad that the arbitrary Court Charge was binned today. You were £150 out of pocket for a nothing offence even before the sentence was handed out! 

Mick, according to the Hereford Times (page 9) the 24 year old victim was attacked as he walked from Sainsbury's and close to the Barton Road bridge so he had only just started walking on GWW there are flats and houses there, therefore surprised no one saw or heard anything. To answer your question he would be closer to Sainsbury's CCTV camera than the one on the Hunderton Bridge but one or the other camera's maybe both should of picked up what was going on. The new led lights up there do not shed enough light between light standards, that said if people were home in the flats and houses their household lights would dimly light that end of GWW..

Please be careful with your comments guys,

as soon as somebody has been arrested/charged there are restrictions on media reporting because the case is active.

Trust me I know these things and aim to contribute more to this forum.

Happy New Year all

With the power of social media nowadays, nothing is restricted. It is only restricted to being published by the mainstream media. If a person/s wants to divulge this information, so is their prerogative. Social media is just that, social! It can only be policed to a certain extent. The right tweet can go viral in minutes, is everyone who RTd going to be prosecuted?

Please be careful with your comments guys,

as soon as somebody has been arrested/charged there are restrictions on media reporting because the case is active.

Trust me I know these things and aim to contribute more to this forum.

Happy New Year all

With respect Richard, I run an open forum and that is exactly what it is OPEN FOR DISCUSSION, everyone is entitled to view their opinions on here.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/may/24/twitter-medialaw?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Dilligaf........................I agree it maybe hard to Police,

I have copied and pasted a link from The Guardian above which explains it far better than I can.

And hats off to you Colin, I enjoy reading the Hereford Voice like many others.  I am all for 'Open for Discussion' but you still have to adhere to the country's laws.

Ok but, Slight difference there, that that was a high profile case with another high profile tweeter both with £££££m to persue it further.

I recall Tommy Agombar stating he was going to sue everyone defaming him........ He's none the wiser now!!

"Freedom of speech and expression are recognised under the European Convention of Human Rights as fundamental human rights. In Britain these rights can be found as early as 1215 in the Magna Carter.

Everyone has the right to freedom of speech and expression, and has the right to voice their opinions and to freely receive and give out information. Prior to the Human Rights Act, the freedom of expression was permitted as long as the law did not prevent it. But the Human Rights Act now guarantees under the law the rights to freedom of speech and expression."

It's not what you know it's who you know.