Neglected Garages Usk Close

Colin James

The decline of Britain. We will soon be a third world state, where nobody cares especially in authority.

Need a place to safely park your pride and joy? Then one of our garages could be right up your street!

We have a small number of garages you can rent from as little as £6.04 per week as a Herefordshire Housing tenant and £8.60 as a non tenant. For more information, call us on 0300 777 4321 or please print and complete this application form and send it to 84-86 Widemarsh Street, Hereford HR4 9HG. Please refer to the schedule of garages when completing the application form.

If you'd like to know more, please get in touch:

T: 0300 777 4321 (Monday  Friday: 8:00am  8:00pm) or open and complete our online enquiry form.

And of course 84-86 Widemarsh Street, Hereford HR4 9HG is being sold off.

On 13/12/2015 at 13:18, megilleland said:

The decline of Britain. We will soon be a third world state, where nobody cares especially in authority.

And of course 84-86 Widemarsh Street, Hereford HR4 9HG is being sold off.

As little as £6.04 per week but there is no door lol   :Blushing_32:

On 17/12/2015 at 15:07, traveller said:

Surely people have been paying rent for these garages?

if not, has nobody reported this to the council?

You will probably find that the garages that are in desperate need of repair are the ones that are not currently not being rented! These are owned by Hereford Housing, not the Council. I have written to HH to highlight the poor state of these garages requesting that they be properly repaired and maintained.

• 4 months later...

I see that the garages that I previously photographed above have at least now been boarded up, this is a result of me highlighting this issue with HH however, I am surprised that HH chose to board them up rather than replace the broken doors with new making it all in keeping with the rest, boards to me only encourage graffiti and vandalism. Maybe they have ordered new doors..

Redhill Garages.jpg

On 06/05/2016 at 19:13, Colin James said:

I see that the garages that I previously photographed above have at least now been boarded up, this is a result of me highlighting this issue with HHhowever, I am surprised that HH chose to board them up rather than replace the broken doors with new making it all in keeping with the rest, boards to me only encourage graffiti and vandalism. Maybe they have ordered new doors..

I'm not surprised at all that they have not been replaced looking at what happened to the last ones

I'm not surprised at all that they have not been replaced looking at what happened to the last ones

Well I feel sorry for the other people renting these garages, if they cannot be bothered to replace broken doors they may as well knock the lot down. 

Well I feel sorry for the other people renting these garages, if they cannot be bothered to replace broken doors they may as well knock the lot down. 

All of the Council garages have 6ft 6" doors,ok if you have a mini but any other vehicle you have no chance of getting in and out properly.

Most are used for storage

All of the Council garages have 6ft 6" doors,ok if you have a mini but any other vehicle you have no chance of getting in and out properly.

Most are used for storage

HH are still charging rent regardless of their content