Bewell St. 'Taxi' Decapitation Threat

Roger

Police investigating 'threat' to former soldier in Hereford

CLAIMS that a man threatened to cut off the head of a former soldier near to a taxi rank in Hereford are being investigated by police.

The incident is alleged to have happened on Bewell Street at around 2.30pm on November 7.

The victim, believed to be a married father-of-three, said: "I had a minor dispute with the man and then some time later he come up to me and said he would slice my head off.

“The threat was made in front of another man in broad daylight in Hereford. I have spoken at length to the police and so has the witness.

“It was very shocking to me to hear those words, especially with what is going on in the Middle East. I can handle myself but I am concerned about my family.â€

In a statement, West Mercia Police confirmed it had received a report of threatening behaviour.

"This follows an incident which occurred on Saturday November 7 at approximately 2.30pm on Bewell Street in Hereford when a man approached the victim, a man in his forties, and began to use threatening language towards him," the statement said.

"No physical assault took place and both men left the scene.

"The investigation is still ongoing and we will continue to work with the victim."

I was unaware that there was a taxi rank in Bewell Street! 

HT

To go away from the original story just to clarify the taxi rank is outside Tesco front door.

I'm not sure if that was an ironic post or a comment from a previously long standing Councillor who actually thinks there's a Rank outside the front door of Tesco!  :Happy_32:

On most days you would think there is  :Hmm:

Obviously I posted the story because the victim is a bit vague ..... The incident happened over a Month ago. There is no description of the 'offender' .... There is no cctv image linked (area is under a camera). There is no request for witnesses to come forward. And there is no mention of whether the incident is being treated as a Terrorist related. A valid point as the 'Middle East' was mentioned. Apart from those points I thought it was a pretty good item! 

ta_cheese0402_12870461_8col.jpg

I agree with Roger and know 100% that there is no approved authorised council rank in Bewell Street, however the thread is about an alleged incident at the location. Police are investigating, but who slipped it to the press and why? This type of reporting does nothing to portray the city as it really is...

but who slipped it to the press and why? 

I have my suspicions! 

The victim, believed to be a married father-of-three, said: "I had a minor dispute with the man and then some time later he come up to me and said he would slice my head off.

What was the original 'minor dispute' .... ? The HT article does have an author attributed to it and for some reason she never reported on that angle. 

It's all a bit silly really isn't it?

A mean bloke said nasty words to me when we were having an argument...  I will tell the constable!

When I lived on Moorfield Street a few years back, a running battle broke out between two groups of lads who had been drinking in the Moorfields (That lovely, friendly back street boozer!)  Anyway, the lead goon from one group threatened to shoot the head goon from the other group, who, in turn, threatened to stab the lead goon from group #1...  To cut a long story short, neither one was either stabbed, nor shot...  They were just arguing and being a bit stupid.  Sticks and stones etc...

Roger,I checked with a taxi driver today about the taxis outside Tesco he tells me because there are so many taxis in Hereford Bewell Street, the taxis outside Tesco is an overspill of the rank further down by the bus area. As a space comes vacant the taxis outside Tesco moves further down the line.

lol. I'll resist my inclination to post a sarcastic reply. But an 'overspill' is not a legal extension of a full taxi rank. Everyone knows why it happens but there is no Rank in Bewell Street. It is just illegal ranking. If the rank is full the drivers' who arrive (obviously knowing it would be full) should drive off. In fact they are taking the pi*% even turning into Bewell Street on a fair few occasions as you can see the queue of taxis snaking back before you've turned off the ring road! I'm not in the best of moods with taxis/private hire cars by the way. At least 50% of the time they try and rip me off. Last time was 3 days ago. Not in Hereford by the way. I rarely use taxis here as I don't need to.