Shame of EU wasn't it?

Steve Major

They should of closed the borders between EU countries back last year. I am sure some idiot will claim it is illegal for countries to claim back their borders. 

Turkey has been trying to join the EU for donkey's years and as far as I'm aware the UK and USA still support that application. Germany is against. 

Looking at the map Aleppo in Syria is about 30 miles from the Turkish border. And there is some serious Military Action going on there between various factions. 

Bugger it! To those of you who simply hate all things you don't understand and allow your fears and prejudices to block out any reason and intelligent thinking, the recent reports of sexual assaults upon women in the West is simply 'manna from heaven' to you. You are the very people that a fascist maniac can whip up into a frenzy, get you to burn books and build fences to keep out or keep in all those you've been programmed to believe are out to kill you, take over your Country or abuse you and your children. You simply hate! And, getting you to hate and despise all things Islamic is all so very easy for those that pray on your simple minded stupidity.

You lick it up like hungry dogs because you want the migrants to fail. You yearn for them to fail. You desperately want these people to do anything that'll validate the hatred you feel for people and cultures you've become frightened of and don't want to welcome into our World of prosperity, aspiration and hope.

And for those who have a heart and a glimmer of intelligence who choose not to join the howling mob and apply their rational thinking to a modern social problematic migrant phenomenon that has landed on our European doorstep, you mock, belittle and howl louder than Dippy and Osmosis so that the hate fuelled pack can win the day and label any 'thinkers' loony left tree hungers.

The reason the Nazis flourished, prospered and successfully built many of their Death Camps and succeeded in demonising all things Jewish is, because like many of you, you did as you were supposed to do. Obey! Don't think! Hate and be ready to believe that 'they are out to kill and destroy you'.

History is repeating itself and despite the lessons that we all could learn by glancing back at European twentieth century history, that alerts you all to the dangers of bigotry and hatred of a group of people still, even now, people of low intelligence are easily cajoled into hatred, discrimination and the demonising of others we know very little about.

Couldn't agree more Bobby47.

All those expressing outrage on here for Swedish women being attacked by refugees, (motivated out of sincere concern for the rights of women, I don't doubt that for a minute), please bear in mind the police do not record the ethnicity of either criminals or victims, and the press is extremely constrained over reporting identifying details about either the victims or the perpetrators of crimes. I discovered this when doing some reading around the Julian Assange case. So how the Daily Mail is able to report that there are hundreds of North African/ Middle Eastern rapists on the loose is unclear (if indeed it has reported that, I don't read the DM). It is impossible either to prove or to disprove, from official statistics, the nationalist claim that the rapists are disproportionately young male migrants. Yet that claim is repeated as a fact in racist and xenophobic parts of the internet. 

Incidentally, I had a quick browse through the topics on the forums and couldn't find any similar outrage being expressed over the reported rape of a 16 year old girl in Belmont last October, but perhaps I've missed it.

Because I have heard a rumour & it is only a rumour that HC have agreed to take in 1800 refugees.

Syrian Refugees Herefordshire

Cllr Ewan Archibald from Herefordshire County Council and members of voluntary agencies and the different churches attended a meeting hosted by Bishop Richard on Wednesday 21st October in the Bishop's Palace Great Hall.

At the moment it is not known whether Herefordshire will receive any Syrian Refugees. However plans are being made for any families coming to the county. Housing, schooling and welfare issues are being discussed and it is envisaged that families will be housed in Hereford in the first instance. Safeguarding issues are also under consideration both for the families coming to Herefordshire and for those who support them.

The Diocese Of Hereford

Unaccompanied, or vulnerable, kids' will need a Foster Parent .... Just saying ... 

And so that my position is completely clear, I despise the barbarity that's being employed by the fascist, extremist headbangers who are Islamic.

The tragedy for Islam is its a relatively young religion when compared to Judaism and Christianity and they are having their Reformation now In the full glare of the Internet, whereas Christianity had theirs many centuries ago. Today, for Islam it's Sunni versus Shia and their barbarity is slicing off heads. Ours was Catholic versus Protestant and we burnt people at the stake.

It's all madness. Always was and always will be and until Islam solves its problems it'll continue to be tortured by a very small number of headbangers who argue over who should have inherited the word of their prophet Mohammed.

Finally, the bloody War! World War Two. Study history and learn that tens of thousands of Muslim peoples fought with us to destroy the Nazis, liberate mainland Europe and make our World a safer place. Thousands of Muslims died fighting on our side and yet many of you don't see them in the same way as our European partners who had the same skin colour as us, shared the same religion and now belong to the European Union.

Quite simply, because of the media, your own limited imaginations and a very natural human characteristic to dislike difference, many of you can only offer up hatred, suspicion and a belief that Muslims are the enemy, they ain't like us and there children are not as precious as our little ones.

Hello Paul I'd like to ask you a question…in your opinion do you think we should take some refugees or no refugees at all?

Because I have heard a rumour & it is only a rumour that HC have agreed to take in 1800 refugees.

Yes, I have no problem in taking and helping genuine refugee's and I agree with David Cameron that we should only take refugees from legit camps within Syria. There should also be a limit and once the war is over and their country is stable again then these people should return to their homeland.

I remember now who told me about the 1800 Syrians for Herefordshire and this person would be reliable in the info given.

Foster families a reliable and up to speed Social Service department a hospital with far more capacity than it has now to incude Mental Health facilities - Hereford has all those in place has it? 

And that is just a few of the resources that are required

I remember now who told me about the 1800 Syrians for Herefordshire and this person would be reliable in the info given.

Foster families a reliable and up to speed Social Service department a hospital with far more capacity than it has now to incude Mental Health facilities - Hereford has all those in place has it? 

And that is just a few of the resources that are required

Just give them a quick to call to confirm it, it's obviously really troubling you that they might not be cared for properly.

Yes, I have no problem in taking and helping genuine refugee's and I agree with David Cameron that we should only take refugees from legit camps within Syria. There should also be a limit and once the war is over and their country is stable again then these people should return to their homeland.

Good I'm glad to hear that because I was getting the impression that you were against helping the refugees while giving dippy a hard time for wanting to help those fleeing the war in Syria.

Osmosis I do not know who you are and I do not really want to but you have missed the point I was making. We do not have the things that I have said will be needed for an influx of 1800 people.  Our services are already struggling to cope and over burden them further and it will all just crumble.

I do not doubt that the refugees will be given every possible aid and assistance to settle into this country and that is where the trouble will begin

not everybody is as big hearted as you possibly are.  People are already feeling short changed by the Government's cuts and take even more away from people and it will cause unrest.

Before everybody jumps at me no I am not against helping the refugees but not at the cost of the services people in this country are accustomed to

Osmosis I do not know who you are and I do not really want to but you have missed the point I was making. We do not have the things that I have said will be needed for an influx of 1800 people.  Our services are already struggling to cope and over burden them further and it will all just crumble.

I do not doubt that the refugees will be given every possible aid and assistance to settle into this country and that is where the trouble will begin

not everybody is as big hearted as you possibly are.  People are already feeling short changed by the Government's cuts and take even more away from people and it will cause unrest.

Before everybody jumps at me no I am not against helping the refugees but not at the cost of the services people in this country are accustomed to

You don't know who I am, and don't really want to? I'm just a resident of Herefordshire, commenting on a local forum, like you Denise. George Osborne announced last year that over £460 million of the overseas aid budget will be used by 2019-20 across the statutory sector to assist with first year costs of resettling up to 20,000 of the most vulnerable Syrian refugees. They are also going to provide around a further £130 million by 2019-20 just to local authorities to contribute to the costs of supporting refugees up to their fifth year, including an ‘extreme cases' fund that will assist with high cost cases. Does that put your mind at rest Denise? You don't even know that there will be an influx of 1800 people, because you prefer to listen to rumour rather than check out the facts for yourself.

Osmosis it is not me you need to preach to.  I can assure you the person I was talking to is not a rumour monger and to contact HC would be a total waste of my time and the time of the person answering the phone.  As a matter of interest who do you suggest I ask to speak to at the Council.

You expressed concern that we could not afford to accommodate 1800 refugees locally, and I'm offering you some info on that. I don't think that's preaching, it's not intended to be. I've no idea of your source for this rumour, but it surely makes sense if you are so worried about what you've been told, to check it out. My first port of call since you ask would be https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/government-citizens-and-rights/customer-services-enquiries/customer-service-standards#contact - I am sure you can take it from there. I am sure nobody would think you are time-wasting, it's their job to serve the community after all.

Good evening,Adrian Pitt. Sorry for the delay in response....Post number 175.

So... it's fine for us to go to a foreign country, abuse the hospitality, break their laws, disrespect their culture.... because we've paid for the privilege, and it's part of the holiday???

This is a ridiculous statement.

You're right. In as much as it is not a fair comparison. (I alluded to this in my post.) But not for the reasons you state. These children have endured more in their short lives, then you will hopefully ever have to see.

So... it's fine for us to go to a foreign country, abuse the hospitality, break their laws, disrespect their culture.... because we've paid for the privilege, and it's part of the holiday???

You're right. In as much as it is not a fair comparison. (I alluded to this in my post.) But not for the reasons you state. These children have endured more in their short lives, then you will hopefully ever have to see.

I agree Dippy, it's not a fair comparison. Club 18-30 tourists are adults who should know better behaving outrageously, not traumatised children who have come from a conflict zone and in all likelihood lost their families.

I did not say that did? What I said was Club 18-30 is designed for drink and fun holidays! I never suggested or stated that it was fine for ( us? )people to go to a foreign country, abuse the hospitality, break their laws and disrespect their culture, so actually you have misrepresented what I said 100% to suit your own agenda. Please show me where I said that?

Equally, you could apply your description to many refugees, it is okay for some to disrespect western culture and abuse their sponsored countries  hospitality, which has been widely publicised.  

You are trying so hard to find an argument and you have resorted to misrepresenting my words as it is the only way you feel you can win yet another argument with someone (of the majority) of people who clearly don't share your views. Happy to continue debating with you but at least try to avoid putting words in people's mouths.

How do you know this? You are assuming a lot of this without all of the facts.

To be honest, I don't believe it anyway. I haven't seen this story reported anywhere except the Daily Mail, whose agenda is well known. Apparently, dozens of nine-year-olds and preteenagers have effectively taken control of a major transportation hub and transformed it into their own personal crime den where security guards are assaulted on site, women are "groped", and girls are "slapped in the face" for trying to protect themselves. Yeah right. Please do give me the verified facts.

Bugger it! To those of you who simply hate all things you don't understand and allow your fears and prejudices to block out any reason and intelligent thinking, the recent reports of sexual assaults upon women in the West is simply 'manna from heaven' to you. You are the very people that a fascist maniac can whip up into a frenzy, get you to burn books and build fences to keep out or keep in all those you've been programmed to believe are out to kill you, take over your Country or abuse you and your children. You simply hate! And, getting you to hate and despise all things Islamic is all so very easy for those that pray on your simple minded stupidity.

You lick it up like hungry dogs because you want the migrants to fail. You yearn for them to fail. You desperately want these people to do anything that'll validate the hatred you feel for people and cultures you've become frightened of and don't want to welcome into our World of prosperity, aspiration and hope.

And for those who have a heart and a glimmer of intelligence who choose not to join the howling mob and apply their rational thinking to a modern social problematic migrant phenomenon that has landed on our European doorstep, you mock, belittle and howl louder than Dippy and Osmosis so that the hate fuelled pack can win the day and label any 'thinkers' loony left tree hungers.

The reason the Nazis flourished, prospered and successfully built many of their Death Camps and succeeded in demonising all things Jewish is, because like many of you, you did as you were supposed to do. Obey! Don't think! Hate and be ready to believe that 'they are out to kill and destroy you'.

History is repeating itself and despite the lessons that we all could learn by glancing back at European twentieth century history, that alerts you all to the dangers of bigotry and hatred of a group of people still, even now, people of low intelligence are easily cajoled into hatred, discrimination and the demonising of others we know very little about.

So if we "in your own words" know very little about these people, what qualifies you to be their spokesperson and defender on the web? Surely someone as wise and intelligent as you can enlighten us of low intelligence with some facts instead of name calling, not what you think is happening that fits your agenda, why not just stick to the facts and actual events of which only a small minority have been picked up by western media. For example, can you answer why the vast majority of refugees are males aged 18-35?

I did not say that did? What I said was Club 18-30 is designed for drink and fun holidays! I never suggested or stated that it was fine for ( us? )people to go to a foreign country, abuse the hospitality, break their laws and disrespect their culture, so actually you have misrepresented what I said 100% to suit your own agenda. Please show me where I said that?

Equally, you could apply your description to many refugees, it is okay for some to disrespect western culture and abuse their sponsored countries  hospitality, which has been widely publicised.  

You are trying so hard to find an argument and you have resorted to misrepresenting my words as it is the only way you feel you can win yet another argument with someone (of the majority) of people who clearly don't share your views. Happy to continue debating with you but at least try to avoid putting words in people's mouths.

I cannot find where you said what dippy has claimed you said either Adrian.  :Hmm:

Steve, according to the United Nations refugee agency, about 62% of the refugees who have reached Europe are male. Almost all are a vanguard for families waiting to follow them. You don’t send a mother or a grandfather to scout a route to a new home. You send the hardiest and least vulnerable—males in their late teens to middle age.

In response to AP..... and others.

This is how I interpreted your comment, in the context of the thread.

However, there are some master manipulators who post on here. Folks who skew events to suit their views. Who deliberately misinterpret, take as gospel anything that is printed in The Daily Mail, and thinks Katie Hopkins speaks sense. So I bow to your greater knowledge and experience in this field...

Obviously if I have misconstrued the thought processes behind your post, you have my most sincere and heartfelt apologies.

(Evening Steve, I hope you don't mind me mentioning this.... your posts do come across in a rather aggressive manner! Have you considered meditation? It's a great way to relax, and a real stress buster.)

Steve, according to the United Nations refugee agency, about 62% of the refugees who have reached Europe are male. Almost all are a vanguard for families waiting to follow them. You don’t send a mother or a grandfather to scout a route to a new home. You send the hardiest and least vulnerable—males in their late teens to middle age.

To be honest I think this whole refugee crisis is a debacle & has been badly handle by the EU & UN in particularly Germany it's not been though through on how best to deal with it they should of remained in the camps food clothing & medical supplies should have been provide in abundance,agency should of worked to get the most vulnerable out into host nations instead of them making perilous sea journeys the Arab nations should of done more than they have done.....instead what has happened is the refugees have got frustrated & moved on mass into Europe this in itself has created a sense of fear from people living within the EU as they see it as a invasion because of so many young men arriving which is not helpful.

WE SHOULD HELP REFUGEES that is not in question but we need to halt the influx now because it will destabilise the region if we are not careful we need to take a more sensible approach because quite simply this could get out of hand & it's exactly the sort of breeding ground for far right groups to manipulate?

To be honest I think this whole refugee crisis is a debacle & has been badly handle by the EU & UN in particularly Germany it's not been though through on how best to deal with it they should of remained in the camps food clothing & medical supplies should have been provide in abundance,agency should of worked to get the most vulnerable out into host nations instead of them making perilous sea journeys the Arab nations should of done more than they have done.....instead what has happened is the refugees have got frustrated & moved on mass into Europe this in itself has created a sense of fear from people living within the EU as they see it as a invasion because of so many young men arriving which is not helpful.

WE SHOULD HELP REFUGEES that is not in question but we need to halt the influx now because it will destabilise the region if we are not careful we need to take a more sensible approach because quite simply this could get out of hand & it's exactly the sort of breeding ground for far right groups to manipulate?

I absolutely agree with you that the whole thing has been badly handled by the EU. It's a shocking mess. On the whole I'm in favour of the EU but this is a shameful part of its history. You are also right I think about far right groups exploiting the situation - this already happening in Germany and Denmark, and elsewhere. I don't agree with you that Cameron is right to offer sanctuary only to refugees from the camps, and not those already in Europe. He bewails the shortage of skilled workers and medical staff, yet refuses entry to Syria’s most youthful, enterprising and relatively rich expatriates -these are the ones who are affluent and educated, hence being able to pay people traffickers. Germany is ready to welcome 500,000 mostly able and qualified Syrians a year. Watch the next German renaissance. Britain’s 4,000 refugees a year are to come from Lebanese and Jordanian camps – dependants, likely to return home when the horror passes. All of this to the detriment of Syria ultimately, of course.

Steve, I've just spotted your post directed toward me. It's very kind and gracious of you. Yes, I am very clever as you've kindly pointed out. I can genuinely complete the Rubik Cube in under thirty seconds and my Intelligence Quotient, which I had measured in the Eighties, is extremely high and places me amongst the top five thousand in our Country.

You've asked me to shower you with some pear shaped droplets of wisdom! I can't Steve. I've no idea what the World leaders should do to solve this migratory problem. If I knew Steve I'd be the first to report my findings, conclusions and answers to everyone but sadly, it's all beyond me.

As for you, being not as bright as me. Don't put yourself down. Sooner or later you'll find something that you'll be good at. Keep looking. Blogging isn't your strong point. Try to read a little more,and more than anything, stop hating. Hating people you don't know, you've never met and it's highly unlikely you'll ever meet serves you badly. No good comes of hating Muslims and no good will come of you hating me and attempting to match me on this forum.

Now, do as Dippy suggests, go see the Trick Cyclist. Be open, honest and frank and disclose that you've become unnaturally fixated with migratory Muslims who you think are on their way across the Meditteranean with the single intention of blowing you up, stealing your property and fiddling with your private parts.