Shame of EU wasn't it?

Steve Major

I can't say I blame them and to be honest and at least there is a government out there somewhere that recognizes that it`s first duty is to it`s own citizens.

Poland's government says it is not prepared to accept any refugees following the deadly attacks in Brussels.

The ruling party, Law and Justice, is staunchly anti-migrant, but had previously indicated it would respect a commitment by the previous government to resettle around 7,000 refugees.

But government spokesman Rafal Bochenek indicated Wednesday that Prime Minister Beata Szydlo's government is reversing that position.

He said that "at the moment Poland is not able to accept immigrants."

He said the government fears that Europe is not able to eliminate security risks connected to the mass influx of migrants, adding: "for us the most important thing is the safety of Poles.

Poland has southern borders with Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Refugees aren't interested in either due to ridiculously low wages and Slovakia doesn't politically like/want Muslims full stop. So Poland's main struggle will probably be with Brussels as opposed to having to build a giant fence on their southern border as there won't be a wave of anything approaching it. 

Poland has southern borders with Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Refugees aren't interested in either due to ridiculously low wages and Slovakia doesn't politically like/want Muslims full stop. So Poland's main struggle will probably be with Brussels as opposed to having to build a giant fence on their southern border as there won't be a wave of anything approaching it. 

To be fair they don't take crap from Brussels in my experience and neither should we. I think each country should do what is best for their country and citizens, I am sure many might disagree but that is my view. 

All these terrorists are having free movement and are clearly mixing in with migrants and refugees. Don't be surprised if Germany is targeted next...

I can't say I blame them and to be honest and at least there is a government out there somewhere that recognizes that it`s first duty is to it`s own citizens.

I have just read through the comments below this article and I have to agree with the majority. Poland is being very smart about all of this and are entitled to decide what is best for it's own country,  Britain and the other European countries should take note and not be bullied by Brussels or Angela Merkel 

To be fair they don't take crap from Brussels in my experience and neither should we.

Poland joined the EU and almost immediately got free money. £56 billion which they used to build infrastructure.The 2014 - 2020 budget from the EU for Poland is £60 billion. Massive subsidies for farming and the EU has enabled them to have a massive upsurge in Exports. In fact above my head is a 'velux' skylight that was made in Poland. They are not getting crap from anyone as the pot of money is being redistributed to the Countries in need and they are a recipient.

Saw that earlier. The adult types all clambered out and started using their smart phones and were lighting up cigarettes .... Hardly destitute ...  Our border is a sieve .... We need to seal it with a brexit ....

By the way .... That photo is very striking with 26 stuffed in the back  ..... But we had a lorry drop off in Hereford very recently and 18 or so piled out. No photo for that but just use your imagination ... 

Poland joined the EU and almost immediately got free money. £56 billion which they used to build infrastructure.The 2014 - 2020 budget from the EU for Poland is £60 billion. Massive subsidies for farming and the EU has enabled them to have a massive upsurge in Exports. In fact above my head is a 'velux' skylight that was made in Poland. They are not getting crap from anyone as the pot of money is being redistributed to the Countries in need and they are a recipient.

I think Colin was referring to Poland refusing being dictated to with regard to what their refugee quota should be as laid out by Brussels or Angela Merkel, it is down to Poland to decide who can and cannot enter their country and I support that very much.

I think Colin was referring to Poland refusing being dictated to with regard to what their refugee quota should be as laid out by Brussels or Angela Merkel,

That's a bit of crap they won't like ~ which they might have to accept. You got to take the rough with the smooth tho! On balance Poland needs the EU far more than the EU needs Poland so they won't be having a referendum to leave anytime soon! 

That's a bit of crap they won't like ~ which they might have to accept. You got to take the rough with the smooth tho! On balance Poland needs the EU far more than the EU needs Poland so they won't be having a referendum to leave anytime soon! 

But they can still refuse to allow people into their country, they may get fined but they can refuse all the same and I do not blame them.

They didn't signed up to take thousands upon thousands of migrants or refugees, Angela Merkel has shot herself in the foot by allowing far too many of these people into Germany and has lost huge votes and is no longer as popular as she may of once been. She is trying to distribute these people throughout other member countries. I think every country has a right to refuse entry to anyone and protect their borders whether you are in the club or not! The initially agreed to take only Christian refugees, they have now refused to take any, their call not ours or anyone else's for that matter. Hungry and a few others have taken the same stance.

But they can still refuse to allow people into their country

Poland is part of the Schengen area so they have to let in ground migrants from Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Germany. Those are EU rules subject to any temporary suspensions of border controls There won't be many people rushing to Poland tho as the wages are fairly rubbish.

Poland is part of the Schengen area so they have to let in ground migrants from Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Germany. Those are EU rules subject to any temporary suspensions of border controls There won't be many people rushing to Poland tho as the wages are fairly rubbish.

I am sure they are quite happy with that arrangement. I can understand Poland's stance on this issue and I too agree it is their country and good to see that they are putting their citizens safety before anything else. 

I am sure they are quite happy with that arrangement. I can understand Poland's stance on this issue and I too agree it is their country and good to see that they are putting their citizens safety before anything else. 

Exactly. There's no economic reason to go to Poland. Everyone swerves Poland. Which highlights that this whole crisis is an 'economic' one. The people who got bombed woke up and smelled the coffee that they could take their smart phone's across half of Europe to get a better standard of living. Obviously several thousand kids' got dragged into this new system and they would not have known much, if anything, about the process. Which is very sad and disturbing.

I would be interested to see if some posters on this site welcome the lorry load of  people in Kent today ..... ? Escaping persecution and seeking refuge from bombs and terror is their explanation usually .... 

Ted Nugent just brought to light one important detail that I guarantee none of these Islamic terrorists have even considered. In the Islamic religion, pork and pork products are forbidden because the pig is considered an impure animal. In a Facebook post Ted writes…

Chimps & pigs, a match made in hell. ES&D voodooallahpukes.

Percy the pig makes for an extremely interesting read. I never knew pigs were in most products!!

Every Muslim who has ever handled TNT, Nitro, Bullets, High Explosive Bombs, Rocket Launchers or been treated for cuts injury requiring stitches, or taken antibiotics, or Vitamin Capsules, has been contaminated with Pig Products.

The ironical part is that when a Suicide Bomber blows himself up his body parts are impregnated with Gelatine and Glycerine from the explosive. Both Gelatine and Glycerine are manufactured from Pigs worldwide.. Ergo, they will never be accepted by Allah.

Some makers of cigarettes use haemoglobin from pig’s blood in their filters. Apparently this element works as a sort of ‘artificial lung’ in the cigarette so, they claim, ‘harmful reactions take place before the chemicals reach the user’, (enter the Pig.)

Pig bone gelatine is used to help transport gunpowder or cordite into the bullet. Insulin, the blood-thinning drug heparin and pig heart valves all vital. The complex workings of the global food and processing industry have ensured that it is impossible to avoid pig altogether.

There is no legal obligation for manufacturers to specify whether the gelatine they use is from a pig or another animal. When it is specified, it is often confusingly referred to as Suilline gelatine.

So to all prospective Suicide Bombers, ISIS and innocent, good Muslims, I say, “Have a Nice Day†from “Percy†the wonderful Pig.

Looks like these Muslim terrorists are in for a rude awakening when they reach the afterlife! Thanks for the good news Ted!!

I'd sooner focus on the fact that vast swathes of people from various Countries are trying to get to an area where the lucrative benefit cap will give them untold riches compared to where they came from. Of course .... they may have to change provider for their smart phone after they got out of the back of the lorry tho! 

People are moaning on the websites that the Tories hate disabled people ..... That does not even register on the radar of people trying to get here .... 

Number of EU migrants working in UK to be revealed weeks before referendum

4510.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

The number of EU migrants working in the UK will finally be revealed just weeks before the referendum on Britain’s EU membership – in a move that could prove immigration has been seriously underestimated by official statistics.

HM Revenue and Customs will provide figures on how many national insurance numbers are actively being used by people from the European Economic Area after MPs mounted a battle to gain access to the statistics.

Guardian

The 5 years since the civil war started in Syria is a combined result of the wests intervention in Iraq and Libyia and Saudi Arabia bombing the Yemen as they hate shia no one mentions Saudi and there human rights policy as it is does not exist most weeks there are 3 or 4 people beheaded mostly shia's you do not see the BBC mention that do you yet we are in turmoil because of the wests intervention in matters we have nothing to do with which is all based on lies.

With the british and the yanks supplying arms in the middle east we should be aware there are secret services working to cause mayhem for political and financial reasons Ragwerts point no blood on passports takes me back to 9/11 when passports were found in the rubble of the towers and i do not remember seeing someone throwing out a passport from either of the planes that hit the towers they could only have been planted there.

With the british and the yanks supplying arms in the middle east we should be aware there are secret services working to cause mayhem for political and financial reasons Ragwerts point no blood on passports takes me back to 9/11 when passports were found in the rubble of the towers and i do not remember seeing someone throwing out a passport from either of the planes that hit the towers they could only have been planted there.

This is a different topic, this discussion is more about immigrants/migrants entering the EU. We all know the apparent reasons, although I do not necessarily agree with your view.

In the last week, despite being members of the Schengen Zone and bound to the demands of Brussels, the Polish Government have announced not one single fleeing Mediteranean migrant will be welcomed and taken in by their Country.

Some members of their Government have said the migrants will be unable to assimilate into their society, whilst some commentators have been less kind implying the migrants bring with them disease and parasites.

Tough harsh words! Some will say this is good leadership and gives their people what they want. Others, like me will say that Poland, and some other East European countries are still unable to free themselves from their isolated social and political ideological past that has prevented their people from breaking free of their insular way of seeing the outside world.

It seems to me that Poland still refuses to countenance a future society that could eventually become multicultural but and yet, at the same time, wants to move about Europe and settle freely within societies that are multicultural. I can only see it one way. Poland wants to take but doesn't want to give and more than ever Poland and other East European nations want to remain White Caucasian Catholic.

It's also noticeable to me that some members still paste the odd negative news story that paints the migrants in a poor light so that their point of view can be justified to the others who think differently. And yet they've no concerns about white Caucasian people doing equally bad things. For me I see it's all about colour, ethnicity and even religion. In the United Kingdom today there are at least three hundred EU migrants serving life tariffs for violent crime. Does that mean all migrants are a danger to me and have a predisposition to commit crime? No of course not. My point is we are tolerant and forgiving toward the EU migrants who have done bad things yet we can't show a little compassion to those who've not yet managed to get into our society.

The decision by the Germans to welcome all the fleeing migrants was clearly ill conceived and the consequences were in many cases disastrous but at least Germany tried to do something good and helpful to the problem rather than close their eyes and watch the carnage unfold. Every country in the West have tried in their own way but if you look East to the place where there is now room and living space, they've done nothing and will continue to do nothing because they've no idea why modern societies have evolved to thinking that multiculturalism is nothing to be frightened of. The whole modern way of thinking has passed the East by. They've never had to address racism or bigotry within their societies because they've never learned to live alongside people with a different skin colour or worship a different God. Unlike the West, the East have remained locked inside an old way of seeing the outside world and that's why they think the migrants will bring with them disease and parasites.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful news! It's only a tiny helping hand and it will come at a cost but, given that since 2004 my Country has become host to over three million East European economic migrants who've been provided so many free things at a huge cost to the exchequer and an even greater cost to the happiness and contentment of the indigenous people of Britain, it's not to difficult to extend the refugees a similar level of charity, kindness and goodwill.

Once again, the power of people and their inner conviction that goodness beats harshness and bigotry, wins the day and I again feel proud to be British.

Imagine the good our great Country could do if we managed to extricate ourselves from the European Union. Rid of the bludgeoning affect of the Free Movement Of People and the impact it has had upon our societies, our politics and our economics, we could once again become a more tolerant nation and no longer be so paralysed by the fears of immigration that have so frightened the people of my country.

Today is a great day and the sooner we get shot of the EU the more we can help those poor people who simply want a life without being bombed and shot at.

Cameron is not a leader but a spineless bloke who rolls over every-time some liberal looney lefty pressure group demands something .

They are teenagers sent to get residency by the extended family - then the whole family will come over as soon as they are established. It is about time our politicians started thinking about the people who elected them instead of sending billions of pounds to people who hate us .

In the last week, despite being members of the Schengen Zone and bound to the demands of Brussels, the Polish Government have announced not one single fleeing Mediteranean migrant will be welcomed and taken in by their Country.

Some members of their Government have said the migrants will be unable to assimilate into their society, whilst some commentators have been less kind implying the migrants bring with them disease and parasites.

Tough harsh words! Some will say this is good leadership and gives their people what they want. Others, like me will say that Poland, and some other East European countries are still unable to free themselves from their isolated social and political ideological past that has prevented their people from breaking free of their insular way of seeing the outside world.

It seems to me that Poland still refuses to countenance a future society that could eventually become multicultural but and yet, at the same time, wants to move about Europe and settle freely within societies that are multicultural. I can only see it one way. Poland wants to take but doesn't want to give and more than ever Poland and other East European nations want to remain White Caucasian Catholic.

It's also noticeable to me that some members still paste the odd negative news story that paints the migrants in a poor light so that their point of view can be justified to the others who think differently. And yet they've no concerns about white Caucasian people doing equally bad things. For me I see it's all about colour, ethnicity and even religion. In the United Kingdom today there are at least three hundred EU migrants serving life tariffs for violent crime. Does that mean all migrants are a danger to me and have a predisposition to commit crime? No of course not. My point is we are tolerant and forgiving toward the EU migrants who have done bad things yet we can't show a little compassion to those who've not yet managed to get into our society.

The decision by the Germans to welcome all the fleeing migrants was clearly ill conceived and the consequences were in many cases disastrous but at least Germany tried to do something good and helpful to the problem rather than close their eyes and watch the carnage unfold. Every country in the West have tried in their own way but if you look East to the place where there is now room and living space, they've done nothing and will continue to do nothing because they've no idea why modern societies have evolved to thinking that multiculturalism is nothing to be frightened of. The whole modern way of thinking has passed the East by. They've never had to address racism or bigotry within their societies because they've never learned to live alongside people with a different skin colour or worship a different God. Unlike the West, the East have remained locked inside an old way of seeing the outside world and that's why they think the migrants will bring with them disease and parasites.

Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic have all refused to take these migrants and as far as I am concerned are protecting their borders which they have a right to do. You don't see many muslim terrorists active in these countries... The other reason is that the UK offers benefits! Which most of these other countries do not! Do you see a pattern forming here yet? Well done to all of these countries for standing your ground and refusing to be bullied by the idiot Angela Merkel. She has tried to appear to be a saviour and hero and it has backfired on her in Germany, now she want to distribute her guests all over the EU. Germany will face attacks next, mark my words some nutter refugee will start killing people before long