Colin James

On 04/03/2018 at 11:32, atm63 said:

It was / is for sale but what use is it on its own , limited access etc . As others said the cottages should have been purchased as well as the land and do a proper job instead of half baked affair .

Plaaning permission for yet more flats was refused on that small parcel of land.

On 24/04/2016 at 22:49, lpusseycat said:

Some residents in Millard Close have had problems with people parking from the new development of the Vortex and those homes have one parking space .The development of the ship inn is again another example of poor planning most households have 2 cars hence the school run. How many units are 2 bedroomed all i see is problems with parking for the existing residents.

They will all try and park on Belmont Avenue. Since the sheltered housing was built on the small carpark on Belmont Avenue, it has effectively become a one way street, particularly at school-run times. Sooner or later there will be a head-on collision. Imagine trying to exit Belmont Court and turn right. Also Belmont Court is a privately owned and maintained parking area. People already park just on the left, what happens when an emergency vehicle needs access? The council should re-instate the double yellow lines along that portion of Belmont Avenue and put parking wardens on the beat. They did do that when the hosing was being built last year.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Diana26 said:

Its still not finished and its been years, what ever is going on, finish it.  Does it really need to take this long to complete a few apartments. When I pass by I hardly ever see anyone working on the site.

It does seem like it but it has only been 11 months since planning was approved & a little over 8 months since building work started.

4 hours ago, Diana26 said:

Its still not finished and its been years, what ever is going on, finish it.  Does it really need to take this long to complete a few apartments. When I pass by I hardly ever see anyone working on the site.

What are you on about years? They only knocked the Ship pub down last August, work was delayed for a few weeks when we had the snow (beat from the east) other than that I believe that they are more or less on schedule. 

Full details and the latest updates on this development can be found here