Coffee#1 Opening In Hereford

Colin James

Okay...  I'll tell you a few reasons why.

We have beautiful, accessible countryside right on our doorstep.

Don't want countryside?  Okay, we have plenty of leisure facilities.  The Leisure Pool, the Leisure Centre, The Golf Course, there is a very well regarded Skate park at the leisure centre, there is an excellent BMX track at Westfailing Street, there is regular roller-derby at Foley Trading estate, there are a football clubs, rugby clubs, hockey clubs, tennis and squash clubs.  Hereford FC are back and winning...

Not the sporty type?  Okay, there are shows at The Courtyard, there is the new multi-screen cinema.

Don't like the arts?  Right, there is the Old Livestock Market - it has shops, restaurants, coffee shops...

Don't like the OLM?  Okay, there is High Town...  Again, shops, cafe's, The Old House...

There are plenty of pubs...

Don't like pubs?  There are restaurants...

Don't like to eat out?

There is the Castle Green for a walkabout, or thJewellerye King George Playing fields / Bishops Meadows, the river...

What do you actually want from this city??

There is the A49, the A4103, the A465 other roads also lead away to elsewhere if it is that bad to live here.

I think your post have proved the point that Hereford is a dull place. Sport is fine for younger people, just a shame that a lot of the younger people are moving out of Hereford as there is no future here, until they retire and they may come back

All of what opened in the old market shop wise have added very little new, clothes, mainly women's or over priced. A over price jeweller shop, a supermaket and a Debenhams which someone asked me why did they bother as it is about as much use as a bucket with a hol;e in. (their words not mine)

Resturants are okj if you like that sort of thing, but have we not already got a load like it? We have loads of places that sells chicken, pizzas galore and Tacos seems to be the new in thing, so places for them as well.

I have said before that the courtyard is too small and not the nicest place to sit in for a couple of hours or so watching a show, I been there and done that, not enough room between the seats, uncomfortable and the stage is far too small. Not tak,ing anything away fromt he shows that are put on, but the venue is not that great.

I have yet have not been to the new cinema, but a mate of mine have got tickets for the new Starwars, so I will be going for the first time when that is on.

Pubwise, I do like going out for a drink, prefer the Beer in hand, but I do go to others.

As for leaving Hereford, if I was younger and in better health and could get work and if my Dad was not here, then I think I would be gone.

The problem is  Hereford is neither one thing or another, it is a small city that is trying to be big and it does not work.  

I think your post have proved the point that Hereford is a dull place. Sport is fine for younger people, just a shame that a lot of the younger people are moving out of Hereford as there is no future here, until they retire and they may come back

All of what opened in the old market shop wise have added very little new, clothes, mainly women's or over priced. A over price jeweller shop, a supermaket and a Debenhams which someone asked me why did they bother as it is about as much use as a bucket with a hol;e in. (their words not mine)

Resturants are okj if you like that sort of thing, but have we not already got a load like it? We have loads of places that sells chicken, pizzas galore and Tacos seems to be the new in thing, so places for them as well.

I have said before that the courtyard is too small and not the nicest place to sit in for a couple of hours or so watching a show, I been there and done that, not enough room between the seats, uncomfortable and the stage is far too small. Not tak,ing anything away fromt he shows that are put on, but the venue is not that great.

I have yet have not been to the new cinema, but a mate of mine have got tickets for the new Starwars, so I will be going for the first time when that is on.

Pubwise, I do like going out for a drink, prefer the Beer in hand, but I do go to others.

As for leaving Hereford, if I was younger and in better health and could get work and if my Dad was not here, then I think I would be gone.

The problem is  Hereford is neither one thing or another, it is a small city that is trying to be big and it does not work.

All of that, and all I've done is prove that Hereford is dull?!?

Seriously?  What are you on?  That was a list I came up with inside of ten minutes, there are other things to do too.

Plus, you can always make your own entertainment.

Clearly A.S does not wear rose coloured specs...fare enough, however I'm worried because he may have purchased a pair of the deepest, darkest shades there is because his world appears black. My next concern for him would be to walk past the new Freedom Church HQ one day because if anyone was in need of enlightenment it's Adrian. A buddy of mine lives in Gent, and at the moment every time a car travels over the cobbled streets to quickly the rumbles send shockwaves of misinterpretation. Everybody there is nervous and fearful..now that's a good reason to feel negative about where you live!

• 4 weeks later...