Hereford Link Road

I go past it most days going to work, I saw them putting up the signs stuck to the boarding, it looks tacky to be honest. It is a shame that the garage have come down, certainly for something that is not needed, but the council need their projects and need to carry on being dictators and not caring what the public say.

For all the negatives this road has like bloody traffic lights I can now see some positives like the Police & Fire stations, cycle & walkway to and from Train station to City Center,
Hereford - Gloucester canal.Just hope they also put the bus station alongside the train station.

It's a building site, of course it looks a bit tacky.

If the council had spent thousands of pounds on really smart signage I dare say that would be wrong too?

Looks hell of a lot better than plain wooden sheets.

Should have got someone maybe to paint it, like what they have done with the boarding around the fire damaged buildings in the city centre. 

For all the negatives this road has like bloody traffic lights I can now see some positives like the Police & Fire stations, cycle & walkway to and from Train station to City Center,

Hereford - Gloucester canal.Just hope they also put the bus station alongside the train station.

What I don't get is that we get all this news that we have no money for this, no money for that and yet we can afford to build new fire stations and new police stations, new roads that are not needed and yet we can't afford to keep toilets open in the city centre.

We need a decent city bus station, the one at Tescos is too small and someone is going get hurt there if it carries on, worse now since Yeomans took over the runs for some reason.

You watch our council tax go up again to pay for Herefordshire council vanity projects.

Should have got someone maybe to paint it, like what they have done with the boarding around the fire damaged buildings in the city centre. 

According to a local businessman, all of the boarding cost in excess of £44k! That is what he was told by a site worker when they were erecting the boards. Unbelievable amounts of money, where do they get these figures from? 

According to a local businessman, all of the boarding cost in excess of £44k! That is what he was told by a site worker when they were erecting the boards. Unbelievable amounts of money, where do they get these figures from? 

£80,000 to board up the working boys home too.Had a look at that place the other day and I could board it up for £8,000 and I'd still

be taking the P**s with that quote.

Hi

I think that putting the hoarding boards up and promptly putting what look like official adverts on them is a good thing , there is less space for fly posters and I am guessing that the income from the "official advertising posters" would be quite considerable.

So if someone at the council has thought about this and marketed the space, well done !

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think that putting the hoarding boards up and promptly putting what look like official adverts on them is a good thing , there is less space for fly posters and I am guessing that the income from the "official advertising posters" would be quite considerable.

So if someone at the council has thought about this and marketed the space, well done !

Regards

Pete

£250 per advert I believe.

What I don't get is that we get all this news that we have no money for this, no money for that and yet we can afford to build new fire stations and new police stations, new roads that are not needed and yet we can't afford to keep toilets open in the city centre.

We need a decent city bus station, the one at Tescos is too small and someone is going get hurt there if it carries on, worse now since Yeomans took over the runs for some reason.

You watch our council tax go up again to pay for Herefordshire council vanity projects.

Which toilets are closed?

Which toilets are closed?

You are kidding, where have been over the last few years?   Most of them are closed, sure the city council have opened some of them back up, well kind of, but the council have now got this community toilet thing. in other words, we want to take your money but do not want to supply loos in the city.

You are kidding, where have been over the last few years?   Most of them are closed, sure the city council have opened some of them back up, well kind of, but the council have now got this community toilet thing. in other words, we want to take your money but do not want to supply loos in the city.

Adrian.Do you remember which ones were closed?

Now answer the question on which ones are closed.

Use Google if it helps

• 3 months later...

At the Budget Meeting in February 2015 the cost of the Link Road was shown as £19772000.00 at the 31.3.15.  Obviously an estimate had to be made for Feb/March 2015 but this was unlikely to cause significant differences.

When the budget was presented in February 2016 the cost of the Link Road had been reduced to £10658000.00.  A request was made to have the £9114000.00 difference explained.

It has been accepted by Peter Robinson that the figures provided in February 2015 were incorrect and the adjustments shown below have to be made:-

Budget                                                          Budget

2015                                                             2016

Construction and Demolition                                                  6752000                                                       3223000

Fees                                                                                       1732000                                                         324000

Archaeology                                                                               88000                                                           88000

Land Acquisition                                                                   11200000                                                       6640000 

Capitalised Interest                                                                                                                                       383000

Total                                                                                     19772000                                                     10658000  

Evidence has been requested to support his amendments but yet to be seen.

I can recall ( I think ! ) that Twowheelgood said that when travelling along this link road towards Edgar St traffic will only be able to turn left even though the motorist wishes to travel north along the A49 - is this still the cunning plan?

At the Budget Meeting in February 2015 the cost of the Link Road was shown as £19772000.00 at the 31.3.15.  Obviously an estimate had to be made for Feb/March 2015 but this was unlikely to cause significant differences.

When the budget was presented in February 2016 the cost of the Link Road had been reduced to £10658000.00.  A request was made to have the £9114000.00 difference explained.

It has been accepted by Peter Robinson that the figures provided in February 2015 were incorrect and the adjustments shown below have to be made:-

Budget                                                          Budget

2015                                                             2016

Construction and Demolition                                                  6752000                                                       3223000

Fees                                                                                       1732000                                                         324000

Archaeology                                                                               88000                                                           88000

Land Acquisition                                                                   11200000                                                       6640000 

Capitalised Interest                                                                                                                                       383000

Total                                                                                     19772000                                                     10658000  

Evidence has been requested to support his amendments but yet to be seen.

Land acquisition there's a difference of 4,560,000 less from the original figure from 2015 which is a sizeable difference obviously a saving has been made how & where as I was lead to believe that the guy from Rockfield DIY got a substantial amount I forget the figure but was it something like £3 million?

Ubique,  I seem to remember talk of a traffic island being placed there. I may be wrong. Often am according to my wife and daughters!

Here's a plan of the purposed new police & fire station showing the junction of the new link road & Edgar street.

post-991-0-16974300-1460580605_thumb.jpg

I will just refresh everybody's memory with regard to Peter Robinson Head of Finance and acting MD of Hoople who is having a little difficulty accounting for £9million in the Link Road budget

Herefordshire Council appoints a "new" director of resources
www.herefordtimes.com/.../13329499.Herefordshire_Council_appoints_...
12 Jun 2015 - HEREFORDSHIRE Council went nationwide to find a new director of resources ... Interim chief financial officer Peter Robinson is to take up the ...
Herefordshire Council creates new £90k a year role (From ...
www.herefordtimes.com/.../11306395.Herefordshire_Council_creates_n...
27 Jun 2014 - HEREFORDSHIRE Council has created a new £90,000 a year role and extended ... Chief finance officer Peter Robinson and Director of Adults ...
Peter Robinson | The BRISTOLIAN
thebristolian.net/tag/peter-robinson/
One recipient was former finance boss PETER â€œROBBIN-US†ROBINSON. ... up a post in Herefordshire, the sleazy Freemason, notorious at the Council House ...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 01/03/16
Board - Hoople
www.hoopleltd.co.uk › About › Our Board and Executive team
Peter Robinson, Managing Director. Peter joined Herefordshire Council as Chief Financial Officer in September 2013 after working for Bristol City Council as ...
Cabinet 10 April - Open Forum - Hereford Voice
www.herefordvoice.co.uk › General › Open Forum
2 Apr 2014 - 16 posts - ‎8 authors
This gentleman left Bristol City Council under some very dubious ... I wonder howPeter Robinson so impressed Herefordshire that they offered ...

I was speaking to a Herefordshire Highways Inspector in the pub last Sunday. This City project is not in his personal geographic area but he thought the physical end result would end in tears. He said there were new traffic lights planned at the bottom of Aylestone Hill that he thought would just shift the traffic problem about. :-p