I have been a member here for a long time and I think it only right that we give credit where credit is due. As a collective HV and the members here have achieved many good things over the years and I think we should start to list them in recognition of all the hard work put it. Please forgive me because I can only think of a few that stand out, notably the hot food campaign and the cctv on the gww. Then there was the grass cutting petition and the working boys home and off course the keep clear road making on the Belmont roundabout.

Let's all start listing these results.

1. Successfully campaigned to reverse reduced grass cutting with this petition
  2. New metal fencing on the Belmont Iron bridge (preventing kids climbing)
  3. New duck signs installed following request along Haywood Lane near to Belmont Pools.
  4. Open space at bottom of Glastonbury Close cleared and tree's cut back and 2 reduced to stumps preventing kids climbing over metal fencing near McDonalds.
  5. Litter pick around the Oval Shops and various other locations
  6. Successfully campaigned for CCTV along the GWW.
  7. Campaigned successfully to reverse previous decisions to prevent late night food curfew - many food outlets are now open until 3am and even later on bank holidays, thanks to this long campaign
  8. Working Boys Home
  9. Colin James cleaned all of the road signs from the Iron bridge on A465 Belmont to the Clehonger junction and also along the whole length of Haywood Lane and other signs around the Parish.
  10. Successfully campaigned and managed to have 'Keep Clear' road markings painted A465 Tesco roundabout exits.
  11. Highlighted, contacted HH and managed to have the garages at Redhill repaired (GWW)
  12. Cleaned the GWW with many other residents, Cllrs and Police.
  13. Successfully campaigned to have Salt Bins placed for Sydwall Road and Glastonbury Close with thanks to the Parish Council. 
  14. Campaigned here for New lightbulbs and repairs to the lighting within the Greyfriars Subway.
  15. Colin James managed to persuade Balfour Beattie to cut down dangerous trees and bushes on blind corner in Glastonbury Close Hereford.
  16. Clean up of Hereford Duck Pond with many volunteers and managed to obtain 3 new information signs kindly sponsored by Vets4Pets. Repainted fence with funds from Hereford City Council and secured up £5000 for aeration pumps/fountain.

Bill you are correct, in regard to the Belmont Pools clean-up, as the then Cllr for the Belmont ward I asked for the clean-up, the story was in the HT, because a pet had died drinking the contaminated water.

Ipussycat and other Belmont residents were on the photo in the HT.

Also my 5 year campaign for the CCTV camera which was acknowledged by the HT this week also the radio stations, I stated this at the meeting at the Kindle Centre, where HC tried to take the credit.

I do not want to get into an arguments over who any credit should be proportioned too because anything achieved from our discussions here is a credit to us all, but with regards to cctv was it not Colin who initially suggested additional lighting and cctv in this topic? This was over 5 years ago.

Yes and also in this topic http://www.herefordvoice.co.uk/topic/856-great-western-way-do-you-feel-safe-along-here/

To H Wilson - I acknowledge Colin asking for more lighting a camera and suggestion about a tram on the GWW that was in 2010. And Colin involvement in the recent clear-up of GWW a few weeks ago.

Victor- the subject was about the garages on the GWW.

I was not looking for praise as to what I did for the people, that is not my way, I was answering the question about the Belmont Pools and mentioned what I had achieved as the then Cllr for belmont ward. It is common knowledge that I asked for CCTV on GWW and getting the money from the police commissioner because HC would not pay for it, you would of heard all this if you had been at the Kindle centre meeting. ( maybe you were?) The police also acknowledged what I had achieved because I was working closely with them all the time.

To H Wilson - I acknowledge Colin asking for more lighting a camera and suggestion about a tram on the GWW that was in 2010. And Colin involvement in the recent clear-up of GWW a few weeks ago.

Victor- the subject was about the garages on the GWW.

I was not looking for praise as to what I did for the people, that is not my way, I was answering the question about the Belmont Pools and mentioned what I had achieved as the then Cllr for belmont ward. It is common knowledge that I asked for CCTV on GWW and getting the money from the police commissioner because HC would not pay for it, you would of heard all this if you had been at the Kindle centre meeting. ( maybe you were?) The police also acknowledged what I had achieved because I was working closely with them all the time.

I understand what you are saying but I was pointing out that the initial request for cctv along the gww etc came from Colin, you then as councillor followed up that request which should be credited.

Thank you for you crediting what I have achieved. If I mentioned all of my achievements in the 12 years as councillor it would take me quite some time. I have been a member on here since it started at Colin request. I read all posts and over the years I had as a Cllr attempted to get the requests answered, some were successful some wasn't. Over the years I was given a nickname of 'terrior' because I would not stop until I got things done however long it took, and I am still fighting for the people now because they are still coming to me for my help and at the moment I do not envisage it changing  with the people not getting any response to their requests elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Sadly the Duck Pond has once again fell into disrepair, Balfour Beatty were handed the baton after many hours of hard work by a dedicated team of volunteers. Since lockdown measures have been implemented it has been impossible to organise anymore clean up days but hopefully later this year or next year we can try again. 

We are very disappointed that this area has once again been neglected.