Murder In Hereford

Colin James

Reports tell me that a stabbing took place on the GWW (Great Western Way and the victim ( a man in his 30's) was later found with very serious injuries in or around Rogers Avenue or Lewis Smith Avenue Hunderton, he sadly died later in hospital.

Hun4.jpg

Hun3.jpg

From West Mercia Police:

Investigation launched following incident in Charles Witts Avenue, Hereford

West Mercia Police have launched an investigation after a man died in Hereford last night (Sunday 21st June 2015)

Police were called at 10:50pm to reports of a man with an injury to his arm and back in Charles Witts Avenue, Hereford. The ambulance attended the scene, where a man believed to be in his 30s was taken to Hereford hospital where he later died.

Police are appealing for anyone who may have been within the area, or who may have seen any suspicious activity to call West Mercia Police on 101.

Alternatively, you can contact the anonymous Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org

There are currently road closures in place for the entire length of Charles Witts Avenue, road closures in place on Roger Avenue and Lewis Smith Avenue.

Statistically these sort of events are uncommon and I've no doubt the usual reassurance messages will soon emanate from the authorities but it's a sad fact that if anyone is walking along the lines or river paths in the dark, on their own, then there is every chance that something unpleasant might happen. RIP Christian Bagley.

Statistically these sort of events are uncommon and I've no doubt the usual reassurance messages will soon emanate from the authorities but it's a sad fact that if anyone is walking along the lines or river paths in the dark, on their own, then there is every chance that something unpleasant might happen. RIP Christian Bagley.

We have been asking for additional lighting and CCTV for over 5 years!! See this topic and also raised the same issues again 2 years ago in this topic

I don't know of the situation 'on the ground' as it's the other side of town to where I live but not much has developed online about this incident during the day. It's just getting dark and what areas are still closed? Is it safe to walk 'the lines' tonight ?  And where is there any sort of reassurance message from WMP ? 

I don't know of the situation 'on the ground' as it's the other side of town to where I live but not much has developed online about this incident during the day. It's just getting dark and what areas are still closed? Is it safe to walk 'the lines' tonight ?  And where is there any sort of reassurance message from WMP ? 

Still closed a few hours ago, not sure about now Roger. Not seen any message from WMP.

This is tragic news for Christians family and loved ones.

It's a terrible event that has taken place, and hopefully those responsible will be found and brought to justice swiftly.

However, I don't believe that CCTV along GWW would have done anything to prevent this from happening, admittedly there is an increased likelihood of identification, but judging by some of the blurred and grainy images that are released at times, would a positive identification even be possible?

I may be wrong, but to me this seems unlikely to have been a random attack, and far more likely to have been a disagreement that escalated out of control leading to the awful conclusion that we are now all reading and talking about.

I just hope that people don't become too scared to go about their daily routines because of what has happened.

Hereford is essentially a very safe place to live still and people must try to remember this at this difficult time.

RIP Young man.

This is tragic news for Christians family and loved ones.

It's a terrible event that has taken place, and hopefully those responsible will be found and brought to justice swiftly.

However, I don't believe that CCTV along GWW would have done anything to prevent this from happening, admittedly there is an increased likelihood of identification, but judging by some of the blurred and grainy images that are released at times, would a positive identification even be possible?

I may be wrong, but to me this seems unlikely to have been a random attack, and far more likely to have been a disagreement that escalated out of control leading to the awful conclusion that we are now all reading and talking about.

I just hope that people don't become too scared to go about their daily routines because of what has happened.

Hereford is essentially a very safe place to live still and people must try to remember this at this difficult time.

RIP Young man.

The new type of CCTV is HD format so much clearer images are obtainable.

HT has updated this.

The police say that at this time, there is no motive and no suspect.

His family and friends must be struggling to comprehend this senseless and brutal attack. My heart goes out to them.

(Victor, I don't think speculating about possible related issues  is particularly helpful, or appropriate, given the tragic circumstances. Post 12.)

Roger, see my post 20, CCTV is being installed in September. I have signed the petition.

Yeah ... I saw your post. I posted the petition link as the attached comments on it are quite revealing. No one appears to feel safe using that area. The cops counter the situation by usually trotting out the tired old crap that Hereford is ordinarily a safe place to live and work in ~ with a low crime rate. I don't generally disagree with the cold hard stats. However the perception of crime happening is off the scale. Which seems to fly over their heads completely.