BP Garage Edgar St Closes

Is this where the council are to build yet another set of traffic lights on Edgar Street? Why didn't the link road join the A49 further up by the roundabout on Newtown Road? I am sure it makes sense to Herefordshire Council with their twisted logic and lack of any local knowledge.

I read that six staff have lost their jobs. Three have already found alternative employment, but three others haven't.

I wish them well in their job seeking, and hope they find something soon. Being out of work is a huge worry.

and the council to do not care as long as they get yet another road to nowhere built.,

Is this where the council are to build yet another set of traffic lights on Edgar Street? Why didn't the link road join the A49 further up by the roundabout on Newtown Road? I am sure it makes sense to Herefordshire Council with their twisted logic and lack of any local knowledge.

The new road comes from by Morrisons, through the sorting office car park, across the edge of the Police field and comes out by the Oxford Arms pub. I'm not sure what happens when it gets to Widemarsh Street junction wise. Whether they'll be traffic lights or a mini roundabout. At any rate the new road then goes across the top end of the Merton Meadow car park and comes out by the closed garage where I assume they'll be a traffic light system. 

If the new road ended at Widemarsh Street then you'd have HGV's having to go down Newtown Road and turning left at the existing roundabout at the top of Edgar Street which is a bit of a non starter.

Map

The new road comes from by Morrisons, through the sorting office car park, across the edge of the Police field and comes out by the Oxford Arms pub. I'm not sure what happens when it gets to Widemarsh Street junction wise. Whether they'll be traffic lights or a mini roundabout. At any rate the new road then goes across the top end of the Merton Meadow car park and comes out by the closed garage where I assume they'll be a traffic light system. 

If the new road ended at Widemarsh Street then you'd have HGV's having to go down Newtown Road and turning left at the existing roundabout at the top of Edgar Street which is a bit of a non starter.

Map

Sadly there will be traffic lights at every junction.

Problem is the Council don't know how to build em and motorists don't know how to use em.

Sadly there will be traffic lights at every junction.

Problem is the Council don't know how to build em and motorists don't know how to use em.

I do not think it will make a scrap of difference to the traffic, it will just move the traffic from Barrs court road and dump it onto Edgar street. I am so glad I do not drive, but it does get annoying when I have to take the bus and wait for ages in the traffic. Worse in a taxi.

I do not think it will make a scrap of difference to the traffic, it will just move the traffic from Barrs court road and dump it onto Edgar street.

I agree. Nothing is changing with how you cross over the railway line either. You do it by going down Roman Road, going over the narrow bridge at the bottom of Aylestone Hill or by using the weight restricted metal College Road bridge. All that will happen is that traffic will shuffle around in the middle in a different way.