Double yellows by Co-op

Just been to co-op,as you can see no one taking a blind bit of notice of them.My in laws are raging already 

Sounds about right, but then there is no one around to police it, Traffic wardens or what ever they are called these days have to walk a bit further than normal, you can't have them doing that, their poor little legs.

Ok, just had a email from Herefordshire council saying 

Many thanks for your query.  The revised Traffic Regulation Order for Kingsway comes into effect on Friday 22nd April 2016 so our enforcement officers will be able to patrol from that date.

So until the 22nd it seems like nothing can be done, but we wait and see if anything is done after then.

I say it won't

Get used to people parking where they want, even here, they see a caravan in the driveway and think they can park in front and there is a dropped kerb. I give permission for my next door neighbour to park out side the drive as I do not drive. The caravan is not mine, it is here for storage

• 2 months later...

These no parking at any time double yellow lines outside the Co-Op are proving to be useless.
Even more so when you see police etc going past not battering an eyelid.
The local Councillor,residents & the police have all had discussions about the parking issues which led to the lines being put down.
Imagine to my not so much surprise two Community support officers on bikes this morning riding right past two vehicles illegally parked

without so much as a look.

These no parking at any time double yellow lines outside the Co-Op are proving to be useless.

Even more so when you see police etc going past not battering an eyelid.

The local Councillor,residents & the police have all had discussions about the parking issues which led to the lines being put down.

Imagine to my not so much surprise two Community support officers on bikes this morning riding right past two vehicles illegally parked

without so much as a look.

Ragwert - it's just a thought ( but what do I know ) have these PCSO have the power to move illegally parked vehicles on - if they haven't the conversation between the illegally parked motorist and the PCSO will become heated and , I guess , moves upto another level . If they haven't the Powers hopefully the PCSO passed what they saw ( if they cud ! to a Police Officer who will spring into action..........

Ragwert - it's just a thought ( but what do I know ) have these PCSO have the power to move illegally parked vehicles on - if they haven't the conversation between the illegally parked motorist and the PCSO will become heated and , I guess , moves upto another level . If they haven't the Powers hopefully the PCSO passed what they saw ( if they cud ! to a Police Officer who will spring into action..........

Someone must be reading my comments as the area has been blitzed in the past two days by pcso's & traffic wardens with quite a few tickets being issued.

I hope they keep it up

Someone must be reading my comments as the area has been blitzed in the past two days by pcso's & traffic wardens with quite a few tickets being issued.

I hope they keep it up

Little chance of that, they will do it when they can be bothered to get up here. People do not care, you go around to other parts of the city you get parking on pavements, double yellow lines and and even cycle paths or what is suppose to be a cycle path.

Even seen a forklift parked on the pavement when I am going to work.

I have reported the growth on the fence behind the Co-op as you can not see when crossing the road, I doubt anything will be be done, I will complain again if nothing is done by next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loads of space here, so why not have a pull in bay, 10 minute waiting, for people too bone idle to walk more than 10m from their van/taxi? Earlier in the post, there is talk of a car park at the rear - did this happen?

Still being used by welsh water who own the land whilst they are doing the water mains renewal around the area.

Gossip from the mother in law says it will be a car park area so must be true  :Grin: .

Anyone who lives up this estate especially around Princess Ave,College Green & Kingsway who notice the constant morons who are speeding around the area,please take their reg numbers and report them to the police.

I think the only way they are going to actually stop people from parking there is to put bollards in, or they need to park the cctv van nearby and send out fixed penalty notices to the offenders

I'm thinking railings.These lines extend to far along the Co-Op frontage,it's the idiots who park right on the corner that cause issues.

I rec 10 ft of railings would solve the problem.

Further to my comment about a certain idiot driving like a lunatic it seems the person driving this car is seen

every day and night up College and other areas around the City.
Hopefully anyone seeing this white Peugeot 206 driving at excessive speed or racing other cars will contact the police.  registration number R552YWA

• 1 month later...

When this was discussed back in November we thought it would be a fruitless exercise unless seriously enforced using cameras. Any barriers would soon be damaged in minor RTC,s and then left buckled and twisted for months as they decide as to who pays.