Wildwood Kitchen Opens in Hereford

Good shot of the " Bag Lady "

Just wondering if there are too many Chain eating house within the OLM . I accept fully that like water Commercial premises must find there own level and either survive or die .

I am glad that the units are starting to fill, its great to have choice or eateries, we had a look around Wildwood and it was busy, you can just go in and have a coffee too, so maybe will give that a go when there are not so many people about as it was heaving to be fair.

I must admit the OLM was packed yesterday and so was Widemarsh St, never seen so many people other than at Xmas, it was good to see High Town busy too.  :Cool_32: Still lots of people on that junction near the Wellington Pub, pressing the button and waiting for the traffic to stop, I still maintain a footbridge would of been a much better option without the need to stop traffic.

• 1 month later...

I am glad that the units are starting to fill, its great to have choice or eateries, we had a look around Wildwood and it was busy, you can just go in and have a coffee too, so maybe will give that a go when there are not so many people about as it was heaving to be fair.

I must admit the OLM was packed yesterday and so was Widemarsh St, never seen so many people other than at Xmas, it was good to see High Town busy too.  :Cool_32: Still lots of people on that junction near the Wellington Pub, pressing the button and waiting for the traffic to stop, I still maintain a footbridge would of been a much better option without the need to stop traffic.

People must have plenty of money, even a pizza in that place is £9, 

good to have so much choice, but all the OLM eateries are pretty steeply priced.

Usually have some online offers for them, apart from Wagamamas which s a pain as thats my favourite one.

Reviews for them on tripadvisor very mixed too,

Not been to Wildwood, though friends that have been commented portion sizes were not very generous.

good to have so much choice, but all the OLM eateries are pretty steeply priced.

Usually have some online offers for them, apart from Wagamamas which s a pain as thats my favourite one.

Reviews for them on tripadvisor very mixed too,

Not been to Wildwood, though friends that have been commented portion sizes were not very generous.

Out of my price range, there is no way I could justify a tenner on a pizza even if I liked Pizza. 

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned and I prefer one of the older style cafes, the few we have left. I do go into spoons now and again and that is about it for the chain resturants. I have not even been into McDonalds for 30 years, sadly that is going to change as I promised a friend I will go in there with her as soon as I can taste food again. Do i really need to be able to taste food with MD?

I do use the odd coffee bar, normally the coffee cart outside the Butter Market , but Neros as well. When I get a chance I go to Diagos in Bridge street, now that is good coffee and roasted in  Ross on Wye.

I suppose to even use a restaurant in the Old Market I have to go there, still only been there the once, but then I know of people who still have not been anywhere near it.

Out of my price range, there is no way I could justify a tenner on a pizza even if I liked Pizza. 

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned and I prefer one of the older style cafes, the few we have left. I do go into spoons now and again and that is about it for the chain resturants. I have not even been into McDonalds for 30 years, sadly that is going to change as I promised a friend I will go in there with her as soon as I can taste food again. Do i really need to be able to taste food with MD?

I do use the odd coffee bar, normally the coffee cart outside the Butter Market , but Neros as well. When I get a chance I go to Diagos in Bridge street, now that is good coffee and roasted in  Ross on Wye.

I suppose to even use a restaurant in the Old Market I have to go there, still only been there the once, but then I know of people who still have not been anywhere near it.

You can get great deals in all restaurants.

Me n wife are frequent visitors  to Miller Carters steakhouse where we can get a main course meal for £7.95 each.Meal and desert for under £11.

Zizi always have a 30% off deal during the week too.

Me n wife are frequent visitors  to Miller Carters steakhouse where we can get a main course meal for £7.95 each.Meal and desert for under £11.

How do you get a main meal in Miller Carters for that price ragwert? Is this a lunchtime deal?

Nothing there for me, I am very fussy with what I eat, in that I do not eat much meat, I certainly do not eat steak. I can not see myself going in any of the restaurants in the Old Market to be honest. TBH, I do not see myself going over to the old Market again anyway. 

Oh I may go to the cinema for Star wars, or may wait until it comes onto Blue-ray. 

I see the old farmers club may become a Loungers, sounds as exciting as the ones they have in the old market, that sort of price range as well.

Nothing there for me, I am very fussy with what I eat, in that I do not eat much meat, I certainly do not eat steak. I can not see myself going in any of the restaurants in the Old Market to be honest. TBH, I do not see myself going over to the old Market again anyway. 

Oh I may go to the cinema for Star wars, or may wait until it comes onto Blue-ray. 

I see the old farmers club may become a Loungers, sounds as exciting as the ones they have in the old market, that sort of price range as well.

Good to see your supporting the Old Market.  :Thumbs-Down:  This town has been waiting for something new and different, lack of support will be its demise, just my thoughts for the day.

Afternoon Adrian!

Try The Shack Revolution, in Bastion Mews! Handmade pizza, absolutely delicious!

Locally sourced, and seasonal ingredients used..... veggie options are fantastic. Prices £6.00 - £9.00 I found them big enough to share.... which makes them even better value!

Service is friendly, and the surroundings very chilled out!

Try it, I highly recommend it!

(And Nutters or The Rocket Café, up Church Street!)

I never agreed with it being built in the first place, so why would I support it?

Because it is local and local people are employed. I never agreed with the takeover at Hereford United but I still supported our team.

Enjoy your Star Wars though when its at the Cinema at the Old Market, oh no because you never agreed with it being built did you.

Afternoon Adrian!

Try The Shack Revolution, in Bastion Mews! Handmade pizza, absolutely delicious!

Locally sourced, and seasonal ingredients used..... veggie options are fantastic. Prices £6.00 - £9.00 I found them big enough to share.... which makes them even better value!

Service is friendly, and the surroundings very chilled out!

Try it, I highly recommend it!

(And Nutters or The Rocket Café, up Church Street!)

I have heard good things about the shack, sadly it is all about Pizzas, I do not like pizzas. i have been to Nutters a few times over the years, never been to  rocket.

TBH, if I go into town by myself, I get what I want than then go home, I do not normally stop to eat or drink, If I go into town with someone else or meet someone in town, then it is normally a coffee or some other drink, i do not eat in town that often.;

Because it is local and local people are employed. I never agreed with the takeover at Hereford United but I still supported our team.

Enjoy your Star Wars though when its at the Cinema at the Old Market, oh no because you never agreed with it being built did you.

Hereford united is a different thing to be honest and as lot of people did not support the team, which is why Hereford United do not exist any more. While my interest in Football is zero, I do hope that people will support the new club and it does well.

Maybe the not agreeing with it being built is too strong,. I did not agree with them taking all the shops out of the city centre, more or less killing it off. I am not against redevelopment, but I feel that the old Market could have been so much more than a few chain stores and a load of restaurants.

A nice ice rink would have done well there instead of people having to go to another city.

As for the cinema, we needed a new one, not so sure if we needed ones so big, I think they are going to struggle to make it pay. TBH, I haver not been to  any cinema for over 10 years, maybe longer, and while I said about starwars, I may wait until it is on Blue-ray anyway. 

I know the old market is local jobs, but no point in me going there if there is nothing for me, I know a few people who have not been there and have no intention of going there for different reasons.

I do not go into every shop in the city centre, why? because some shops got nothing I am interested in.

Afternoon, Adrian!

I think I may like The Shack a little too much..... I've been again! They also do a very nice salad!

The coffee is also very good, and there are a decent selection of both soft and alcoholic drinks! There's a very pleasant outdoor seating area, just right for this time of year.

It would be a very boring world if we all enjoyed eating/drinking the same sort of thing! Difference is good!

( Sometimes I find lots of crowds and having to wait for a table etc. a bit off putting, I prefer a more laid back, and informal setting, so you're not alone there!)

Give it a try next time you're out and about, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Take care.

I find this 'I will never go to the new shopping centre' quite sad, like green knight says, its here now

I'm a realist and it's here. I still haven't been tho. It's easily within walking distance of where I live but I know what's there and nothing has really made me think that I need to go to it. 

Maybe the not agreeing with it being built is too strong,. I did not agree with them taking all the shops out of the city centre, more or less killing it off. I am not against redevelopment, but I feel that the old Market could have been so much more than a few chain stores and a load of restaurants.

Exactly. Just generic stuff you could visit anywhere. Loads of people have. Long gone are the day's when if you lived in The Shire you rarely, if ever, strayed beyond the County boundary. 

A nice ice rink would have done well there instead of people having to go to another city.

When HUFC was on the ropes people were saying it should be flattened and an ice rink should be built. Is there this vast pool of unserviced local people who are travelling miles to go to the nearest rink? I don't think so. 

As for the cinema, we needed a new one, not so sure if we needed ones so big, I think they are going to struggle to make it pay. 

A decent cinema is pretty much a standard requirement for a City and I don't think anyone disputes that the old one was not fit for purpose. I looked at the cost of a couple going next Friday evening at the new place. It's £9.30 each for one film and you will no doubt end up buying the popcorn. So probably £30 total. I get the romantic angle of a couple of young people going to the movies but Netflix is £5.99 a month for a room full of people to watch wall to wall films (for that month) on their tv. Which increasingly is some monster sized HD/3D gadget slung across a whole wall ... 

I think I may like The Shack a little too much..... I've been again! They also do a very nice salad!

That's the only thing that's grabbed my attention recently. I will deffo go and have a look. My son is down this weekend and I'll ask if he fancies going ...  :Happy_32: