Land at Three Elms

Colin James

Who will let Heineken know about these proposed plans as their head office is not in Hereford? I cant see Herefordshire Council or the developers letting them know the risk to their production processes as both just want 1,000s of new homes to make lots of money and wont want this jeopardised by any big employer.

It's a huge set up Maggie so as senior management and legal are always kept close I sent a little email to corporate responsibility within Heineken.....you never know!

Thank you GreenKnight - you certainly live up to your name - a knight coming to the rescue of  a damsel in distress !! I will be interested to hear the reply from them, and whether they had been informed in any way of this proposed development. Someone has since said that this water might also be used by Cargill for their production line, but I have no knowledge of whether or not this is true. I wonder if any other posters can enlighten us?

• 4 months later...

Who will let Heineken know about these proposed plans as their head office is not in Hereford? I cant see Herefordshire Council or the developers letting them know the risk to their production processes as both just want 1,000s of new homes to make lots of money and wont want this jeopardised by any big employer.

Bulmers takes quite a lot of its extracted water from the brook

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In The Guardian today:

An overhaul of planning laws will give councils targets for how many homes they should build each year, taking into account local house prices, wages and the number of key workers such as nurses, teachers and police officers in the area. Higher targets will be set for areas with higher “unaffordability ratios”, Javid told the Sunday Times.

If councils fail to deliver on the target they will be stripped of planning powers, and independent inspectors will take over.

May, who wants to make housing her number one domestic priority, will say she expects “developers to do their duty to Britain and build the homes our country needs”.

Under the plans:

* Local authorities will be able to take into account how quickly a developer builds on a site before issuing future planning permission.
* Independent inspectors will be given the power to take over decision-making in local areas if “nimby councils” fail to publish housing plans quickly enough.
* Staff working for councils and hospitals will be given priority when public land is sold off.
* Homeowners will be able to add two storeys to existing properties.

So will Herefordshire Council go ahead with this development without building a bypass under pressure from the government or use it as an excuse to get the government to put the bypass on their priority list to fast track it. We will still pay the price whichever direction is chosen.

Plus if councils fail to deliver on the target they will be stripped of planning powers, and independent (private?) inspectors will take over. Then this council will have no purpose, once adult care is fully privitised and as predicted will become part of the West Midlands Region of the EU and the death knell will sound for local democracy.