Newton Farm Ward and your choice of Independent candidates.

bobby47

@ AV: 'narky' response as predicted!

Though it is technically correct that the Boundary Commissioners proposed the geographic changes to the wards, you omit to observe that Herefordshire Council was given adequate time to consider and comment on these proposals.

One IOC councillor spotted the Newton Farm anomaly (two sitting Indies would have to go head-to-head, fighting for a single seat) and pointed it out to Cllr Bob Matthews, observing "Whichever way you look at it, you're going to lose a councllor!"

It seems the warning fell on deaf (or should that be cloth?) ears!

Message for Bobby 47:

I was at the recent hustings at Play when a man came up to me, shook me vigorously by the hand and said: "I've been wanting to meet you, Bobby 47".

He looked crestfallen when I told him I was not you.

I have no idea who you are, Bobby 47, but you've got a fan club out there!

Message for Bobby 47:

I was at the recent hustings at Play when a man came up to me, shook me vigorously by the hand and said: "I've been wanting to meet you, Bobby 47".

Gentle Giant , the person that asked you if you are Bobby47 is not the first person to presume quite wrongly that Bobby 47 has been identified - I know for certain that some posters have had a sit in outside the Commercial asking the drunks who stagger out if they are Bobby - the replies received range from " Do I look like a @@@@@@@ Policeman " to "No way , he's still inside drinking his 6 pints of Carlsberg " and " His Carer doesn't collect him for another hour ".

Gridknocker,, yes Herefordshire council had a discussion last year about the boundary changes, I suggested for one of the new wards in South Wye (Hunderton & Hinton) that the geographical area was to big, and it make more sense if Newton Farm & Hunderton ( part of the now Belmont ward) was put together as one ward the only thing separating them is the A465 road, the powers that be took no notice of what I said. Another thing I have found out is that areas in London fought back and  refused to be changed and they got their way. Yet it was imposed on us here.

That's so funny, Gentle Giant!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr 47 on several occasions.....I can say, hand on heart, that he's one of the funniest people I've ever met. He's everything you think he is going to be.... and more!

Completely unique!

Message for Bobby 47:

Welcome to the club Phil 

• 3 weeks later...

Gridknocker,, yes Herefordshire council had a discussion last year about the boundary changes, I suggested for one of the new wards in South Wye (Hunderton & Hinton) that the geographical area was to big, and it make more sense if Newton Farm & Hunderton ( part of the now Belmont ward) was put together as one ward the only thing separating them is the A465 road, the powers that be took no notice of what I said. Another thing I have found out is that areas in London fought back and  refused to be changed and they got their way. Yet it was imposed on us here.

I'm not being snobbish but the College Ward has been lumped in with housing that I would constitute as fairly Tory around Penn Grove and Moreland Ave .... I'm just making a Ward shape point. A line has got to be drawn and with so many lines' being drawn then loads of people will be unhappy .... With the ward shape .... 

Newton farm is an interesting ward no Tory standing two Indy's

One lib dem and the infamous Jamal standing for It's Our County

With one county council seat and two city council seats up for grabs

this is a difficult one to call knowing all the candidates they all have

strengths and weakness's good luck to you all !!!

Nice post Jim.

Hi Roger, I'm not quite sure I've grasped your post.... it's probably me!

It sounds as if you are saying that you would prefer one councillor to be representing The College, and another to represent Aylestone Hill? Surely a good councillor will do his best for constituents regardless of whether they live in a five bed private house, or a rented one bed flat??

There are mixes of housing everywhere! There certainly is in my area!

County wide issues, such as traffic, refuse, grass etc. effect everybody, and it doesn't matter what type of property you live in, it still impacts.Local issues should still be local to you and your ward councillor, and your ward councillor should have those at the forefront of his/her mind, when trying to resolve them.

Feel free to chip in, if I've misinterpreted your comment, as I said, I've more than likely read it wrong!