Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

As a poster at HT has remarked, this cinema/night club site, had been rumoured to have been earmarked by the new university.

Given the furore with Freedom Church at Swansea Uni, I would hope there aren't going to be "links" between these two organisations....????

Sue Carter busy busy lady got her fingers in so many pies.  Yes the same lady who was involved in 2XL. Also involvement in Safe from Slavery

Safe From Slavery - HOME

www.safefromslavery.com

/Directors and Secretaries SAFE FROM SLAVERY LTD is run by 3 directors. Directory and secretary details are extracted from Annual Returns submitted to Companies House. The latest Annual Return for SAFE FROM SLAVERY LTD was filed for the period up to 31/03/2014. Visit the Documents tab to download the latest Annual Return. Year Director and Company Secretary Timeline Mr Christopher Roy Cooke Mrs Denise Irene Kennedy Ms Deborah Ann McMillan Ms Suzanne Wendy Carter Ms Suzanne Wendy Carter Jan '12 May '12 Sep '12 Jan '13 May '13 Sep '13 Jan '14 May '14 Sep '14 Jan '15 May '15 Sep '15 Ms Suzanne Wendy CarterDates: 26/3/2012 - 31/1/2013 

Read more at: http://companycheck....#people-summary

I think also she is director of the founder company of Freedom Church where does she get the time to pray as well?

Mark Mcevilly the Con Saxon Gate candidate.  He got in.  It nearly went to a second election because the electors were given duff information but then HC changed their minds.  Ooops nearly forgot Susan Carter was one of the nominators of Mcevil.ly

Perhaps HC should consider a name change something like HCFC looks quite good really -  well that's the way it is going.  

As for the Uni of course FC are involved.  Herefordshire is in danger of becoming a laughing stock once again. 

I don't know what to think of the Freedom church.Their main topic is the gospel saying the message is sacred and not to be altered.
I hope they don't take the same stance with the old testament which is full of  murder,hate,pedophilia,lies and contradictions.
Thank God I'm an atheist  :Grin:

Ah! Thanks for that, Denise!

I thought I recalled a link between the two.

Gosh. Isn't this all getting complicated?? All of these companies, all of these folks, all of these " coincidences".......

Good job I'm not suspicious by nature.......

A friend has just made this comment:

I’ve just been told the Freedom Church are after the old Odeon and Fusion buildings for their next headquarters. They already have that huge pile in Rotherwas. I really object to this as the position of old cinema etc could be used for much better public use – university for instance – or anything else for that matter - is there anyway we can make a fuss about this – if you agree with me that is? 

Yes I do. Where will their congregation park? Any redevelopment here should be retail orientated with a library or galleries. Also as a church there will be a loss of business rates.

Who doesn’t need to pay Business Rates

Exemptions include:

* farm buildings and land (excluding buildings used as offices or for other business activities) fish farms
* places of public religious worship, eg registered buildings and church halls (except in Scotland - you apply for relief for these buildings instead of being exempt)
* buildings used for training or welfare of disabled people (except in Scotland - you apply for relief for these buildings instead of being exempt)

This site is literally a stones throw from their current Conningsby Street premises.

There is very little parking there. No doubt they will park wherever they usually do, then nip across the graveyard, and under John Venn's Arch.

Hi Denise!

You're handy with links....any chance you could do the honours???

This thread seems to be attracting lots of views tonight.... it would be great if all the interested folks could access both of the threads covering this subject!

I don't think you're welcome if you are gay. Gary Snowzell when addressing the New Spring Church, South Carolina said...

Homosexuality is a sin… I believe it,†he said. “Because the Bible says that we were all born sinners…
Just because you were born that way doesn’t make it right for you to act on the way you were born.â€

And:

“Maybe there would be less homosexuality in the world today if there were less greedy Christians who actually cared enough to tithe and spread the gospel.â€

Hi Ragwert, that second quote is from Perry Noble..... the guy who heads up New Springs Church, and who has donated an awful lot of money to Freedom Church. I used that very same quote on page one, of this thread... post number 22!

He doesn't come across as being - how shall I put this - very..... progressive? Does he??

He has a lot of influence on Freedom Church. I believe they often stream his sermons......

Nice.

I don't think you're welcome if you are ***. Gary Snowzell when addressing the New Spring Church, South Carolina said...

Homosexuality is a sin… I believe it,†he said. “Because the Bible says that we were all born sinners…Just because you were born that way doesn’t make it right for you to act on the way you were born.â€

And:

“Maybe there would be less homosexuality in the world today if there were less greedy Christians who actually cared enough to tithe and spread the gospel.â€

What more so called Christians like him???…as for saying if there where less greedy Christians I think he truly falls into that bracket…

As a poster at HT has remarked, this cinema/night club site, had been rumoured to have been earmarked by the new university.

Given the furore with Freedom Church at Swansea Uni, I would hope there aren't going to be "links" between these two organisations....????

Dippy, this strikes me a  legitimate concern given the entryist tactics they've adopted to try and infiltrate the Council at officer and member level.  Trying to control or influence an organisation that's concerned with educating young people would be right up their street. Hopefully the embryonic Hereford university will adopt the same attitude to this sinister cult that Swansea did. I don't think we can count on it though.

Knowing how extensive and well placed their membership seems to be, my concerns are growing by the day.

Mine too. This subject is on my watch list. I don't want to see The Freedom Church agenda creeping in via influential positions where most people on the street would be unaware of what was actually going on. I'm well aware tho that the bodies these people are within are aware themselves ... 

Does anyone know what the business rate would be on the odeon & fusion combined if it was taken over by someone paying business rates?

I know the guy who had it when it first changed its name to fusion I'm sure he told me he had a bill for £84,000? But I can't be sure that's correct?

Does anyone know what the business rate would be on the odeon & fusion combined if it was taken over by someone paying business rates?

I know the guy who had it when it first changed its name to fusion I'm sure he told me he had a bill for £84,000? But I can't be sure that's correct?

Excellent question. Freedom Church are a 'Charity' so the charge will reflect that surely? 

Excellent question. Freedom Church are a 'Charity' so the charge will reflect that surely?

No business rates to pay then for FC as they are a charity so if granted it would be a loss of revenue for the council while FC would benefit financially from the PA being granted?

No business rates to pay then for FC as they are a charity so if granted it would be a loss of revenue for the council while FC would benefit financially from the PA being granted?

Charities get an automatic 80% reduction in business rates with discretionary powers to increase it up to 100%.

Herefordshire Council Website

It must hit the Council quite hard in the pocket. Just look at that large Subway sandwich shop on the corner of Commercial Square. It changed to a British Heart Foundation shop. They are a Charity so an immediate massive drop in rates.