Whitehouse Pub

dippyhippy

Strangely enough I've had an email today from the council to set up a meeting regarding this project for mid November I will happily report back to this forum then.

Hi Jim!

Has this meeting taken place yet, and if so, is there any additional information about the future of this building?

If not, is there a firm date scheduled for it to be discussed?

Many thanks!

“St Paul’s will receive £75,000 from Herefordshire Council towards the refurbishment of the building,†said John. “

Would the Council have be so generous if the Islamic Centre people had chosen this location as opposed to their failed bid to move into the Magenta Computer shop? 

• 4 months later...

Well..... the latest I have heard, is that Broadlands School is due to close,(they are being moved onto the Aylestone School site......) and the playgroup, which were based at the school, are now going to use The Whitehouse.

Apparently, there are other sources of funding available to this group??

So who actually runs it now??

Is it St. Paul's Church? Is it the Tupsley Community Group? Or something else? And what has happened to all the money raised towards turning it into a "Community Resource?"

Any response by those in the know would be appreciated!

Well..... the latest I have heard, is that Broadlands School is due to close,(they are being moved onto the Aylestone School site......) and the playgroup, which were based at the school, are now going to use The Whitehouse.

Apparently, there are other sources of funding available to this group??

So who actually runs it now??

Is it St. Paul's Church? Is it the Tupsley Community Group? Or something else? And what has happened to all the money raised towards turning it into a "Community Resource?"

Any response by those in the know would be appreciated!

Go here Dippy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitehouse-Community-Centre/180629308715846

Very interesting, Ragwert....thanks for the links!

Interesting to note that this project seems to have disappeared off just about everybody's radar...... until a few weeks before elections.

I see Ange Tyler is now taking a prominent position in trying to drive this project forward, she is the Independent candidate standing in this ward. I wish her well.

Nobody else seems to be motivated to get this sorted!

• 2 months later...

Marcelle Lloyd Hayes appeared to be claiming "credit" for this project, in her election literature.

(Although I'm entirely unsure what credit is due.)

The place is still an eye sore, and local residents are as fed up as ever.

Is there any Cllr from Tupsley who would care to add a comment??

The planning application from Aylestone has now gone in, so I assume something is still in the pipeline for the nursery..... but what about all those grants/funds that have already been raised?

Do they go to the St Paul's coffers, towards the 25 grand they want to replace the church heating??

Anyone??

Marcelle Lloyd Hayes appeared to be claiming "credit" for this project, in her election literature.

(Although I'm entirely unsure what credit is due.)

The place is still an eye sore, and local residents are as fed up as ever.

Is there any Cllr from Tupsley who would care to add a comment??

The planning application from Aylestone has now gone in, so I assume something is still in the pipeline for the nursery..... but what about all those grants/funds that have already been raised?

Do they go to the St Paul's coffers, towards the 25 grand they want to replace the church heating??

Anyone??

What interests me is the amount of money needed to finish this project,nearly £600,000 not including the cost of buying it.

They have only raised some £110,000 in four years.

I'd rather see it knocked down and affordable housing built on the site and so would a lot of residents.

Agreed Ragwert.

At the moment it is a monument to ugliness. The residents who have to live with this mess are quite rightly sick to the back teeth of looking at it.

A few of the older local residents that I have spoken to, also don't do "on line" stuff, so feel that they have not had any communication regarding what precisely is happening with this "project", and I use that term in the loosest possible way.

Knocking it down and starting again would be no bad thing, and if affordable housing replaced it, so much the better. Giving folks a place to call home, surely should be a priority??

• 2 months later...

Hi All, just to let you know Bright Sparks Nursery is remaining on the old Broadlands site for at least another 12 months until they have found another home.. Some parents of the group suggested the Whitehouse as a possible place so that the charity group can stay within the community for another 35years.. They did approach the WhiteHouse board and talks are still ongoing with Herefordshire Council concerning this as a possibility....