Fraudulent banks, utility companies and corrupt courts

megilleland

Hereford Times update on Guy Taylor

Updated 4:20pm Friday 22nd August 2014 in Hereford Times News

Two men have been charged with squatting at a manor house under renovation in Herefordshire.

They were arrested yesterday during a police operation at the site of Bodenham Manor to deal with people who had allegedly occupied the property since Saturday afternoon.

Guy Taylor, aged 51 and of Carey near Hereford, and David Edwards, aged 46 and of Howkins Road, Rugby, were both charged with knowingly, as a trespasser, live or intend to live in a residential building, an offence under the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012.

The were both released on bail to appear at Hereford Magistrates’ Court on September 10 with conditions that include not to enter Bodenham or contact the current owner of Bodenham Manor directly or indirectly via a third party.

Take a look at the police presence for this operation. What would the cost for this lot be? The helicopter must have cost a few bob. Figures here say the helicpoter as an asset is shown at £2 million and the estimated cost for flying it is £1695 an hour - both figures years old. Why were the police here for several days before - waiting for a nod from someone? If an offence had been committed police should have been deployed on the day. Obviously there were no police in High Town over this period.

I think I've previously looked at this offence ... It's a summary only offence that presumably will be heard at Hereford Mags Court ... Obviously not a forum that would attract much publicity ... Other than the HT and UK Column ... 

The cost element of the enforcement is highly relevant here I think ... It will run into thousands for the total operational expenditure ... 

The new Manor owner is probably grateful for the response to his problem ... And if it took thousands to sort it out then I suppose that's the way it goes ...

I don't want to guess the result of any Court case but if Guy Taylor was found Guilty of his charge then how many helicopter hours do you punish him for in costs? 

This story has the potential to attract increased attention I think! 

I have to say, I have an awful lot of sympathy for Mr Davies - the new owner.

He has paid out a large sum of money, presumably will have to spend / is spending a lot more money on renovations, and is getting all of this aggro. I wonder if he had any inkling, of what he was letting himself in for?

I have to say, I have an awful lot of sympathy for Mr Davies - the new owner.

He has paid out a large sum of money, presumably will have to spend / is spending a lot more money on renovations, and is getting all of this aggro. I wonder if he had any inkling, of what he was letting himself in for?

Someone I know (they will be nameless) watches these trash niche property shows on satellite tv where someone buys a house at auction after barely looking at it ... etc etc ... 

If guilty Guy Taylor won't have to pay for the helicopter but I will compare the costs awarded with the Minnow drinking fella ... He got stung for £500 odd ... 

Anyone got the potted version of the timeline of the recent history of this disputed property?

Taylor inherited it from his father who purchased it with the money he made from pimping and other anti-social activities.  Don't know the ins and outs of its recent history but Taylor's talk of commercial liens and so on is just so much bollocks.  He is a green crayon merchant and  I think we're entitled to treat his version of events with a certain degree of scepticsm.

Taylor inherited it from his father who purchased it with the money he made from pimping and other anti-social activities.  Don't know the ins and outs of its recent history but Taylor's talk of commercial liens and so on is just so much bollocks.  He is a green crayon merchant and  I think we're entitled to treat his version of events with a certain degree of scepticsm.

That is the camp you would find me in ... The sceptic camp ... I could go into more detail but ..... how long have we got!? Guy Taylor waving loads of pieces of paper about on UK Column is not going to help him much in the long run ... Unless he has some concrete facts that are plausible ... 

I have an open mind and if he was stitched up then I hope he sorts it ... But internet ramblings via some dodgy website are not the best way forward ... In my opinion! 

Fortunately you can't libel the dead, which is just as well, reading your first sentence.

What pray is a 'green crayon merchant'?

The internet is a marvellous invention allowing individuals to put their own point of view across to a wider audiience. The wealth of information and facts on line is sheer education. Looking back at what people were telling us through their own research and experiences has enlightened many and helped those who are struggling against adversities. I'm in my sixties, travelled widely, well educated, worked in private and public organisations, been self-employed for 11 years and been interested in many things in my leisure time - I have learnt alot about society and its mechanism of control. Guy Taylor may be shuffling more paper around for 7 minutes, but I am prepared to give him some time to understand what he is fighting for. Ignoring peoples' plight for one reason or another is one thing that I have realised over the years is the smug attitude of people who tell us that things are ok and the norm.

Received a letter from my bank today, informing me that they are maintaining the interest paid on an e-savings account at 0.10% for those saving £2500+ and for those saving £10,000+ reducing the interest paid from 1.00% to 0.55%. I assume they are paying no interest below £2500!

Strange as I am getting 3% with OVO energy on any credit I have with them and I find it easier to leave any overpayment to cushion winter bills. I suspect the bank rates are being reduced to suddenly rise again nearer to the election - we will see.

Guy Taylor may be shuffling more paper around for 7 minutes, but I am prepared to give him some time to understand what he is fighting for. Ignoring peoples' plight for one reason or another is one thing that I have realised over the years is the smug attitude of people who tell us that things are ok and the norm.

I like the way you think Megilleland

My view is, anyone who simply asks why, rather than just opening their mouths and swallowing in acceptance of whatever the establishment throw at us is alright by me. Good for Mr Taylor. Argue, resist, and generally make a nuisance of yourself!

All of these protests,whether its the one being carried out by Mr Taylor or any other, they all matter, they are all important and they really are no different to us tapping. It's all the same. People. Just people tired and worn out by simply accepting that whatever is ours doesn't necessarily belong to us.

Whatsmore, I hope the lad wins his protest. Why can the State strip a British citizen of a small pile of wealth created by a deceased father and then claim that the law is on their side and the pile of wealth is no longer yours to own and spend as you wish.

In times to come it'll become normal practice for the State to dip in and out of your affairs and they'll have no problem milking it for all its worth. Is Mr Taylor right to protest and push the boundaries? To right he is and I wish him well.

Received a letter from my bank today, informing me that they are maintaining the interest paid on an e-savings account at 0.10% for those saving £2500+ and for those saving £10,000+ reducing the interest paid from 1.00% to 0.55%. I assume they are paying no interest below £2500!

Strange as I am getting 3% with OVO energy on any credit I have with them and I find it easier to leave any overpayment to cushion winter bills. I suspect the bank rates are being reduced to suddenly rise again nearer to the election - we will see.

No one should have their money in these 0.1 % accounts ... The Santander 123 account gives you 3% interest (taxable) on balances between £3000 and £20000. If you fund it externally with at least £500 a month ...

ISA (tax free) limit went up to over £15k (per year) in July ... 

Except that Santander are the worst bank ever in the history of banking, and that’s saying something. I'd rather set fire to my meagre pile of savings in front of the nearest branch (is it still in Broad St? I don't care) than hand over a single penny piece to them. Had many happy years with them as Abbey National and then it all went t.ts up … Lloyds TSB, another bunch of highway robbers - I had to sit in the St Peters Street branch for three hours whilst they refused to hand over MY money when I wanted to close my account due to their rank incompetence - said they didn't have the cash (and it wasn't very much)! 

Snap Two Wheels!

I was with Alliance and Leicester, and they too were swallowed up by Santander. Within 12 months, I had closed my account and changed my mortgage.

When I wanted the cash out of my account, I had to give them 48 hours notice - which I did. Went to collect it, only to be told both of the safe "key holders" have to be present, and as one was on lunch, could I come back.

I was on MY lunch break! By the time I had finished work that day, guess what? The bank was closed, with my money still inside.

I have never had a problem with the Santander Internet banking ... 

Getting back to the point of the thread ...

Guy Taylor is obviously going not guilty on this one ... with a defence that he thinks he still owns Bodenham Manor ... and so was not trespassing ... 

How much latitude does he get from the Court when this comes up for trial? 

The CPS will possibly pitch up a current owner with the owner documents from the acquisition at auction ... 

Guy Taylor will want to suggest that the process was flawed ...

This sort of stuff ... Should a panel of lay Magistrates be assigned to that decision? 

Squatting is a summary offence so it's gonna be at the Mags Court ... Panel for that will be specially chosen I think ... 

• 2 weeks later...
Went along to the Magistrate's Court ten thirty this morning and found myself in a group of around 60 people who were there to support Guy Taylor regarding the possession of Bodenham Manor and his subsequent arrest with another for trepass and burglary. 

Some supporters had come from Wigan, Notttingham, Portsmouth and Stoke, all with an interest in the use of fraudalant documents being used against them by bailiffs, banks and local authorities. There was a member of the press from Portsmouth who was also interested in the hearing.

The proceedings were held in Court No 2 and much against public protest, only twelve members of the public were allowed in to see justice done, or in this case, not done. After 30 minutes the Crown Prosecution Service could not provide any evidence against Guy Taylor so the magistrates ajourned the proceedings giving the CPS 42 days to come with some evidence.

Guy Taylor has asked to see documents:

1 Proving James David Davies acquired the title legimately in 2014.

2 The sale of transfer/completion statement

3 The full land registry documents

4 The title showing James David Davies name.

5 Evidence of who purchased the property/land from Guy Taylor.

6 Any documents to prove that the previous occupiers were evicted.

Guy Taylor also has drawn attention to the terms "possesion" and "ownership" regarding property rights.

An interesting, but short day with the courts unable to proceed to a final verdict. Supporters of Guy Taylor retired to Wetherspoons for an analysis of the morning's proceedings. It appears that Guy Taylor had to go to court to establish, that although the police acted on a complaint, there is no evidence provided to say that he has broken the law. I wonder how many people would have acted as he has done to prove his point. 

I don't think it got that far. How can you enter a plea if a crime has not been commited? There has been no evidence provided by the CPS. It looks as if the ordinary policeman does not understand the law and carries out instructions as told by their superiors who may be instructed by others above them with no regard for the law?

There doesn't appear to be an impartial newspaper report available on this Court appearance so I had to view the UK Column item to get Guy Taylor's version of events ...

To sum it up he refused to enter a plea and Judge Cadbury adjourned the case for 42 days so that the CPS can bring the required documentation to Court to prove ownership of Bodenham Manor. Those sorts of documents would always be asked for with a Guy Taylor case so I'm surprised they weren't available ...

When Taylor was originally charged someone (presumably the CPS) reviewed the evidence and decided that there was a realistic prospect of conviction and that it was in the public interest to charge ... So you would think that person would have had access to documents showing ownership rights ... 

So nothing much achieved this time around at Court ... 

• 4 weeks later...