Line dancing at Northolme Community Centre.

JudSawyer

If you are looking for a low-impact and inexpensive form of exercise in a social ambience, there is line dancing at Northholme Community Centre on Monday evenings at 7.15pm. £5 a pop, pay on the day. No experience needed. No need to wear cowboy gear. Yes, it's cheesy -- but it's fun.

http://linedancingherefordleominster.weebly.com/

Never! Not while I've got a repeat prescription for diazepam. You'll never see me slithering across sawdust shouting, 'Yee Har' and 'Well Hello little Missy, care to share a mule with a passing pilgrim'. Never! And as for Billy Ray Cyrus and his bloody 'Achy Breaky Heart', well he can chew as much tobacco as he wants, he'll never get me to dress up and line dance to his three chord tune.

And as for anyone else who thinks its a good idea to get dressed up as Marshall Matt Dillon off of Gunsmoke, pop into the Commercial, order a pint of ale and see how long it takes before someone decides to attack you with a chair leg and turn you into a vegetable.

The lads would kill me if ever I did it. They'd take my little lariat that was intended to be twirled during a dance sequence, thrash me with it and then tie me to a lampost where I'd be sure to be buggared by some passing opportunist who had a fetish for men dressed up as a cowboy wearing a tin star. No! I ain't going.

Never been line dancing - after Bobbys description ,which must be true do not think I ever will .

Having said that , I do hope that the people who do go on Monday will enjoy the evening .

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I’ve just moved to the area and I’m hoping I can attend, the walk might be a touch too far. For those who have been making fun ...well, whatever, it IS fun, or my Penzance group was, no stress, you look like an uncoordinated idiot at first and nobody judges you, you’re just there for the hell of it. I’ve never yee haa’d in my life, and usually wear a skirt cause I like the way it swirls around me.

We often did songs like ‘London Rhythm’, ‘Broken Heels’, ‘Mack the Knife’ and ‘La Pelegrosa’ as well as country songs - are you the same?

We also went down the pub afterwards...does that happen?

The nearest pub is around two miles walk / drive its called The Vaga, in Vaga Street in Hunderton.... if driving come onto Belmont Road, drive until you get to McDonalds take the first left afterwards and follow the road around.

2 miles walk from Northolme? It is more like 3/4 of a mile at most just off the Belmont Road. It is only 2 miles from Tesco to the leisure centre. Vaga is a good pub though, good atmosphere.