Hoople

bobby47

Hi Megilleland!

That's kind of what I thought......extra management, extra meetings, and, if that wasn't enough......a new word! Teckal. That's a new one for me! I've never heard of it! I thought perhaps it might be some sort of blend of freckle and tickle........but sadly, no.

The Teckal case established that, under certain circumstances, a contract let to a third party will not count as a public service contract if “the local authority exercises over the person [ie the company] concerned a control which is similar to that which it exercises over its own departments and, at the same time, that person carries out the essential part of its activities with the controlling local authority or authoritiesâ€. These two elements have been called the control and function tests. These are examined in more detail below.

The recent case of RMP v Brent [4] (one of the LAML cases) confirmed that the Teckal exception applies to the Regulations. Further, the proposed new procurement directive [5] incorporates the Teckal control test, with the function test being clarified as a requirement for the company to undertake at least 90% of its activities for the owner public authorities. This Directive is expected to come into force in June 2014.

If a body is put forward as a Teckal ‘in-house’ company, then it will qualify as a ‘body governed by public law’ and will have to comply with public procurement law when letting contracts on behalf of its owner authorities.

A lot of statistics under item 5 Quarterly Performance Report inviting Cabinet Members to consider performance for the first quarter of 2014/15 following the Quarterly Performance Review held on 15 July 2014.

Notice under Performance Measure in the APPENDIX C - ECC Databook

Jobs created in the first quarter of 2014:

If anyone believes these figures they need certifying! Nearly all the jobs created by the ESG are part time posts! The figures on Potholes don't state if they were permanent fixes and why did the waste initiative create a need for more staff! I moved house 31 days ago but the Council still collected payments on my direct debit for the old property and sent me a reminder on the new property! When I called the Council they told me it takes a minimum of 28 days for a change in address details! Why can't they tell the truth and they wonder why we get angry!

• 7 months later...

Following is the first paragraph of the Councils Press Release.................

Future development of Hoople to be considered

12-03-2015 12:00 PM GMT

Since it was established, Hoople has delivered significant savings to the council and has secured business from a range of other customers. Hoople has also successfully developed a positive and customer focused staff culture which has contributed to the company’s success.

• 3 years later...

Extremely disappointed! Not as bloody disappointed as me. As if it’s a bloody surprise! There’s nothing bloody surprising about these latest losses, which incidentally, fall into our laps. Bloody Hoople and the bloody Council!

If it’d been down to me I’d have grabbed it a birth, filled the bath tub with water, throttled the thing and drowned the screaming horror howling, ‘ take your last breath you unholy creation. Drown you bas.tar.d’!

Bloody Hell! Me bloody eczema has flared up because of this little slice of pleasure! I mean, why on earth are Hoople now doing the wages for Hereford independent businesses. It makes no sense. Either through design or bloody accident their areas of interest have crept into areas of life in the County that have absolutely nothing to do with anything and other than trying to keep themselves bloody busy, I can’t see any reason why Hoople have been allowed to continue.

And yet, despite the losses and despite there being no point in continuing the haemorrhaging of our bloody money, still the bas.tar.d thing keeps on rolling. I bloody despair! God help us!

• Thumbs Up 2

If anybody is interested here is a link to the latest published Accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07556595/filing-history/MzIxNzYyNjA5NmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

All good blood boiling stuff!

One comment made to me about the accounts that there are a "lot of worthless assets which would increase loss if properly treated"